What's new

Best Tips for Halo (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Jay, if you didn't fall to your death then you made the jump properly. I think I remember what you're talking about...it looks like you might be able to jump to a ramp above you, right? I don't think you can make that jump. BTW, you can get the Warthog through the barrels at the end if you're patient.
You're right about the Plasma pistol being useful for it's tracking. It's invaluable for long distance enemies...especially those nasty snipers above you!
Speaking of the Warthog, you can squeeze that thing into quite a few interesting places where it probably wasn't intended to go. It's one of my favorite things to do for some reason. I love that Warthog. :) I wish I had a capture card so I could snap some photos...any recommendations? (less than $100 please)
-Dan B

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Dan, yeah, that's the jump I have in mind. It really looks like if you could get more speed on the warthog, you could land on that, but you wind up falling really far and then landing on the road below that. Didn't know about the barrels, I did try to squeeze my way through the left barrels but then time ran out. I like taking out those covenant guys on the way there, a little bit of revenge I guess, but I notice you can't take out those big fat Flood guys that explode into little Flood skulls, they kind of bounce off and go over you!

Jay

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The shotgun for up close and personal, and the pulse rifle for reaching out and touching someone, has worked out great for me.
I REALLY hope that in Halo II, there is alot more use of the Scorpion Battle Tank. Man...that thing was just too damn fun to use down in that valley. Why the hell they didn't toss in at least 1 more mission using it, I'll never know. :confused:
I heard the Gamecube is getting Mario Warthog Racing. Bungie has to remove the "evil" gun 1st, so it's okay for the kids. ;)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Heck, with the warthog, you don't need the gun that much, it's fun to run down things, especially Hunters... I killed two of them somewhere between one of the Generators right before the Maw level. It was fun and didn't use any ammo.

Jay

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Lots of good tips here, but a couple of my own thoughts:

-The Shotgun is your friend

-The flood are pretty easy to kill if you make sure to hit the exploding guys from far away. This damages anything in the vicinity. You can also pretty much ignore the little "headcrab" kinda things unless your shield is gone. Then, run like hell.

-Never underestimate meelee attacks. I'm a big fan of shoot with the plasma rifle, then whack over the head if it overheats or if I happen to get close enough.

And for those who want more tanks-one of the multiplayer levels has them. A fun way to play CTF...

Ike

Screenwriter
Have one human weapon (pistol, AR, shotgun) and one Covenant weapon at all times.

The Needler is pointless! The AR at least has an enemy it's good against (The flood), but the Needler's got nothing.

I like using the plasma grenades on the Flood from afar-they run in groups, and the grenade's stickiness means they won't run away from it. Just make sure they don't get too close!

The weapon to use against sentinels are the two main plasma guns, or the shotgun. I've stuck a plasma grenade on one once, and it took out two or three, but you have to get close and have good aim.

As soon as I finish (probably tomorrow) I'll post my thoughts here.

And I too have 2 spoiler questions. Do not-I repeat-do not read unless you are on the 10th (last)level.

If you act quick, is there a way to keep the captain from becoming flood? I know Dan B said that there are different cut scenes if you keep marines alive-if I acted quickly, can I save the captain? It seems like no-it'd change the end of the level, but it's possible.

Also, can someone post what the cutscene that you get is? Is it true you only have to beat The Maw on legendary? Is the extra cutscene expansion on the plot, or what?

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
IKE - there's no way to save you know who. It's part of the story.

I don't know what's extra in the cutscene at the end but, I heard it's short and not a big deal. For some reason I seem to be remembering that someone said it was...humorous????

I'd really like to hear what the difference is myself.

Any of you guys beat it on Legendary????? Care to share???

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I don't know what's extra in the cutscene at the end but, I heard it's short and not a big deal. For some reason I seem to be remembering that someone said it was...humorous????
Aaron

P.S. I haven't yet beat it on Legendary. I have just two levels to go. But my brother (who was my roommate) moved to Scotland so I haven't had anyone do any co-op with the past couple of weeks. We had been playing through on Legendary together.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Now that I finished the game in Normal, I'm thinking of starting a new one. What is the differences between Heroic and Legendary (and normal and easy for that matter)? Is it the number of enemies or the accuracy of enemies or the damage the enemy fires do or all of the above?

Jay

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
What is the differences between Heroic and Legendary (and normal and easy for that matter)? Is it the number of enemies or the accuracy of enemies or the damage the enemy fires do or all of the above?
It seems to be all of the above. Their accuracy is definitely better. Also, as I've played through on Legendary, it seems like there are more enemies in some places. Like where there was one elite before, there are now two on Legendary. Plus, their weapons seem to take large chunks off of your shield bar.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks