1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Single Location Movies On DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Blu, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I'm talking about single locations like Rope, Rear Window or Arsenic and Old Lace.

Not really Friday the 13 where the location is Crystal Lake[​IMG]

The main reason is I'm doing research for a new film and have run out of original ideas. I'm hoping that something ignites the creative juices again!

Thanks!

2. Craig Sherman

Craig Sherman Stunt Coordinator

I've always enjoyed Deterrence, the first feature directed by Rod Lurie (The Contender, The Last Castle, TV's Commander in Chief). Here's IMDB's summary:

"After the death of the President, his successor (Kevin Pollak) is on the campaign trail to be re-elected. On a stop in Colorado, he is suddenly snowed in and he and his entourage are forced to take shelter in a small diner.

"Suddenly, ... the President learns that Iraq has invaded Kuwait and slaughtered hundreds of American soldiers. Setting up temporary communications, the President announces that he will launch a nuclear attack on Iraq immediately if the country does not withdraw. Iraq reacts that they have 23 nuclear missiles trained on the US that they are ready to launch."

The whole film takes place in the diner. Quite effective in adding to the sense of claustrophobia and impending doom.

Enjoy!

CS

3. Brian PB

Brian PB Supporting Actor

In 2003, the BBC published a list of its Top Ten Confined Space Films:

Das Boot (1982)
    12 Angry Men (1957)
    Lifeboat (1944)
    Executive Decision (1995)
    Caged Heat (1974)
    Out Of Order (Abwärts) (1984)
    Fantastic Voyage (1966)
    Cube (1997)
    My Little Eye (2002)
    Secret Honor (1984)

Also Entertainment Weekly recently published a list of "The Most Claustrophobic Movies of All Time:"

1) The Vanishing (1988/Sluizer)
    2) A Taste of Cherry
    3) Das Boot
    4) The Lady Vanishes
    5) Papillon
    6) Lifeboat
    7) The Pit and the Pendulum
    8) Panic Room

Though several of these feature multiple locations.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Most of "Resevoir Dogs" is in one room.

"The Hole"

5. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

6. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Drat! Craig beat me to it! A fantastic movie! The ending really makes you think.

Glenn

7. GeorgePaul

GeorgePaul Second Unit

House of Usher (1960)

8. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

My Dinner with Andre (except for a brief intro, the film takes place around a restaurant table)
    The Exterminating Angel (mostly takes place in a single room of a house except for brief asides to the kitchen and outside. The ending takes place at a separate location)
    Simon of the Desert (except for the end, this takes place at a desert location)
    The Firemen's Ball (again, except for the end, the film occurs in an auditorium ball ballroom, sideroom and hallway)