What's new

best release date sites... (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
I really enjoy davisdvd and the digital bits.....but I am looking for a more comprehensive list....where do you all go for release info??

~brent

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I go to:

the digital bits
DVDfile
DVDReview
IGN - DVD
comingsoon.net
hollywoodbitchslap.com (accasionally)

there are many others I go to for reviews and such, and sometimes for all things Disney you can't beat JimHillMedia.

Of course, and I'm not just saying this because they have a presence on HTF, its the honest truth the very first website I check when I get on the internet is

TVShowsOnDvd.com

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
I find these an exhaustive resource (a few have already been mentioned):

DVDFile
Digitally Obsessed (their "Press Releases" section)
The Cinema Laser
The Digital Bits
Image Entertainment
Kino International
HTF's Press Release Announcements
The news sections of one or two silent film websites
The Serial Squadron

In cross-referencing these, and keeping an eye on upcoming disc announcements here in the software section, I find that very few titles sneak onto store shelves without plenty of advanced warning.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I just read this forum several times a day, in addition to visiting DavisDVD and The Bits daily. Whatever interests me, I have this Word document where I list all my to-buy DVDs. It's pretty extensive, and practically everything from it ends up on my shelf. I have about 30-40 titles till January on it right now. Did I hear someone mention "obsession"?

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if anybody here really gets dvd's from region 4 (Australia) but if you do, then you may find release dates from Michael D's Region 4 Info Page (sorry, I'm not allowed to post any links...)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Try eFilmCritic Complete DVD Release Schedule. It's updated every Thursday and new releases have an (*) in front of them, so it's pretty easy to zip through and catch the new ones. It's broken up into Movies, TV on DVD, Music on DVD, straight to video releases and Anime.

The other sites mentioned are great for immediate stuff (I check digitalbits and DVDFile daily), but this is a great comprehensive one stop shopping list. Having said that, I really don't know if it pulls in everything...

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
HERE ya go. I use this often...but have many other sites depending on the genre. if I want complete horror updates...I'll go to Horrordvds.com or Fango. but I think dvdverdict above is pretty decent. they list 186 overall titles to be released next week. I have found a few times that dates have been a little mixed up...but still a great list to take note of!!!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
while i agree that efilmcritic is exhaustive, i liked their old website better. it was a nice simple text oriented webpage.

their new one is full of images and links. it takes forever to download. check the corner of your browser - 130+ images? :eek: :thumbsdown:

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

I have an Excel document with tabs for all the Tuesdays, plus a tab labeled Now for releases that are out but I have not gotten yet(pretty long). I also have an Excel doc for all of the concerts I have gone to broken down by year (30 this year), I have another doc for movies I have seen in a theater broken down by year (70 this year).

Anyway, I use the Bits, HTF, but primarily I go through the Upcoming Releases page at Amazon.

Brent_H

Second Unit
I have an Excel document with tabs for all the Tuesdays, plus a tab labeled Now for releases that are out but I have not gotten yet(pretty long). I also have an Excel doc for all of the concerts I have gone to broken down by year (30 this year), I have another doc for movies I have seen in a theater broken down by year (70 this year).
thats nuts dude...but its a good idea. very organized :)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Brent,
Don't know why I do it, but it does help me plan out my purchases and finances. I used to just use a Works database, but I like using Excel better for it. I can also export to CSV and put it on my pilot for going to the store. My friends are also appreciative for it, even though I only put on the titles I want, fortunately they have similar tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks