What's new

Best DVD for HT? (1 Viewer)

TimmH

Auditioning
This is a simple question that I am sure will create at least a little debate. I'm getting my HT this weekend, and was wondering what everyone's opinions are on the best DVDs for Home Theaters??? In other words, which DVDs are going to make me say "Wow...how did I ever get along without this?"
(BTW any recommendations on TVs wouldn't hurt either...that's my next upgrade. :) )
Timbo

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Episode I, It has a DDEX soundtrack that uses the surround and surround back channels heavily. It also has what I believe to be the latest THX logo sequence. The pod race is on chapter 20.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Two that are not usually listed as "show off" discs are Video Essentials and Avia's Guide to Home Theater. You should own at least one of these to properly calibrate your HT system.

Fernand

Agent
In my humble opinion, I think Gladiator have the best DTS Mix available and the best sound separation.

Any one thinks different??

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Tim,
Are you asking for the best DVD players or for DVD titles to show off your system?

TimmH

Auditioning
Everyone has been right so far...I've already got a player. I was looking for DVDs.

T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks