What's new

Best cordless power Drill? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bought a black & Decker. A few years ago. Not happy with it. Looking at De walt and ryobi

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What are you unhappy with? I find you get what you pay for more than the brand. I have a better B&D that has been great.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Strong recommendation for Milwaukee brand cordless tools. They are beasts and outperform most other brands I've tried.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What are you unhappy with? I find you get what you pay for more than the brand. I have a better B&D that has been great.

I made the mistake of buying off Amazon. Never again when I make an investment like that

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I think all the best cordless drills were those made before the Clinton administration (that is, before 1993), just my two cents.

Some of my favorites from back then include...
Porter-Cable 9852
Black & Decker Univolt 2665K
Black & Decker Kodiak 2651K
Black & Decker Kodiak 2666K
Makita 6095DW
Milwaukee 0394-1

These models all have a removable battery pack, which allows you to use a second battery pack while you charge the first one.

But, the problem with finding one of these used cordless drills now is the situation of nickel cadmium batteries, which most of these oldie cordless drills had used. You also had to use them until they ran out of battery power, in order to make effective use of the charging ritual. On newer models using nickel metal hydride (the "Nimh" batteries) there is no memory and therefore you do not have to wait so long between recharges.

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks