What's new

Best console for racers? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Ahh ok. I was under the impression you had to mod the Xbox for it to read CDRs or CDRWs. Isn't this how they prevent pirated games from working? Or does it work without modding?

Romar Armas

Second Unit
Ahh ok. I was under the impression you had to mod the Xbox for it to read CDRs or CDRWs. Isn't this how they prevent pirated games from working? Or does it work without modding?
The Xbox reads CDRW's just fine without any problems. It has problems with CDRs those. However, there are some brands that work.

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Hmm, so "MP3" support isn't exactly true. Isn't that odd that it supports more expensive CD-RW and not CD-R? Hopefully you don't have to finalize the CD-RW...

It looks like I'm going to have to wait until well after Christmas to get an Xbox or PS2. Perhaps we'll see a price decrease on both systems after the holidays!

At this point, I'm definitely considering the Xbox.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
What I do is gather up all my CD's and just rip the best tracks from each of them. The Xbox can hold tons of songs (I heard 82 hours) due to the windows format (asf) used instead of MP3. I just keep adding and adding songs each time.
Playing PGR, MotoGP, Amped, etc. using your custom soundtrack definitely makes the experience much more enjoyable. BTW, 80's music rocks for racing games, esp Boney M. :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Playstation 2! Especially with Gran Turismo 3, and of course, you can't forget GTA3 and GTA: Vice City!!!

Damien

Supporting Actor
sorry, what I do is use winamp's converter plug-in to change the mp3's to .wma files, then use easy cd creator FINALIZED and burn 74 min's worth of now wma's to a memorex cd-rw. aftereards, maybe after a couple of attempts, the xbox will read them fine...i just did it twice today

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks