What's new

best $600 receiver for games & movies? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Does anyone know if Samman's is an authorized Sony dealer???? I called JandR under the impression that they would price-match Samman's but was told it needed to be an authorized Sony retailer. I now have the url to give to him (I forgot it when I was on the phone). Should I call back and give it to him or is it a lost cause? Samman's told me that they would give it to me for 619 shipped while JandR said 690 before shipping....... HELP!

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I called back and was told Samman's is not an authorized ES dealer. Do you know of any authorized ES dealers that have this item for less than 696 shipped? (that is the price that JandR offered).

Please let me know, thanks! I have seen several of you in the past say you got this item for about 640, let me know how you did it!

Ryan DC

Agent
Aaron,

Try a different salesperson when calling JandR, I think they have close to 40 and each one has a different approach when asked to price match another e-tailers price. I used onecall.com as a reference for the price match since I knew that they would probably not honor sammans price. In fact sammans is authorised to sell ES but only locally and not over the net.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I checked onecall.com and found that their price was 1000 dollars for the reciever....did they used to have it at a lower price? Thanks!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I checked onecall.com and found that their price was 1000 dollars for the reciever....did they used to have it at a lower price? Thanks!
Give them a call to get a lower price. I believe the posted Web prices are for the purpose of keeping the manufacturers happy. However, with most companies, calling them will reveal prices that are much lower.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Okay thanks! If I can get it for cheaper at onecall.com than JandR.com should I got for it there? Is either one better than the other in terms of customer service, etc? I have never dealt with either.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Okay thanks! If I can get it for cheaper at onecall.com than JandR.com should I got for it there? Is either one better than the other in terms of customer service, etc? I have never dealt with either.
Aaron,

I have never purchased from Onecall. However, I have made 2 purchases from J&R which have gone quite smoothly. My opinion might be slightly biased, but I'd lean a little more towards J&R. The recent issues with the HK 8000 receivers and the behavior of Onecall has made me think twice about any future purchases from them. I'm still convinced that Onecall knew they were shipping out loads of "January 2002" HK 8000 receivers, but the shipments did not cease.

There are plenty of vendors out there. J&R and Onecall are just a few in the field of many.

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
Sammans is an authorized Sony dealer. If J&R tells you they aren't, they simply don't want to pricematch them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks