What's new

Backlit Movie Poster frames--have one? (1 Viewer)

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone gone all-out and bought a backlit or rear illuminated movie poster frame for your home theater or theater lobby area? If so, what do you have and are you happy with it?
I've heard that only double-sided posters are effective in a backlit frame. True?
By the way, here's a link where you can make your own backlit frames--much cheaper. I found the link recently: http://www.citycinema.s5.com/posters.htm

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
All I can tell you about is the double-sided posters. The one-sided posters are fine for a standard display. As soon as you put them in a backlit display, however, they appear washed out and don't look nearly as good. They started producing double-sided posters so that the colors would remain strong when lit.

If you're purchasing movie posters, that's one way to tell if they're actually from the movie theater market or if it's from after-market home sales. For example, the Lord of the Rings posters available for purchase on the New Line website are one-sided whereas the ones they send to the theaters are double-sided.

Sorry I couldn't give you a hand with your hardware question!

Can't say that I own one, but speaking from a display standpoint they were designed for double sided posters.

Thanks for the link I have had an American Beauty double sided poster rolled for a couple years. Maybe now I can crack the tube open.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks