What's new

Back Yard Swimming Pool (1 Viewer)

Jim Sentry

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody here have an inground vinyl pool. Mine is 16x32 and is about 15 years old. I think I need a new filter, pump, and automatic cleaner. I also want to consider replacing the chlorine sanitizer with a salt water generator.

Anybody have any suggestions on where to look.

The only results I seem to get when I search is for sale items but I want ratings not commercials.

Thanks

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Changing the pump is easy and you can do it yourself. I'm not sure about the filter but the cannister should be all that you need to change out.

The vinyl itself is a job for a pro - and it wasn't easy to find one when I had to. Luckily the prev owner left a box of receipts which included the co. he bought from who were still in biz.

You may try asking a few GCs or even marcite pool companies and see what they say. you could also look into getting it marcite-ed. They may also have some work to do to get the basin back into tip-top shape.

When I got my new vinyl for the pool at my prev house I selected one that looked great above water, but was much darker once it was installed. It only took about a year for it to fade to a lighter color, and by then I missed the darker color!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks