What's new

Help with large project (1 Viewer)

MattGrossman

Auditioning
Hello,

This is my first post here though I have been reading this forum for many years.

My wife and I are about to embark on what I consider a fairly large (and others have called fairly crazy) project.

Because:
1. In Toronto swimming pools are only usable for about 3 months of the year, and
2. We have maxxed out our above-ground space from a zoning perspective,

we are considering digging out our back yard and building a subterrainian home theatre and games room.

Since many of you have a great deal more experience in this realm than we do, I thought that I would try and pick your brains with regard to design and implementation of our plans.

The prospective plan can be found here:
www3.sympatico.ca/dgrossman/JAN27-01.pdf
(not a URL because the system won't let me yet)

The ceiling height at the front (right hand side) of the theatre is 10' with 2 12" risers as indicated. We hope to have 3 rows of seating (one at each level) and some exercise machines at the back. The mechanical room will contain sump pumps and a backup generator for same.

I am planning to purchase a new fp unit to replace my Sony VW10HT and a larger screen than I currently have (106" diagonal). I am also not averse to replacing my amp (currently Pioneer Elite (VSX-29TX)).

Any suggestions that you may have with respect to design, equipment and/or implementation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Grossman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks