What's new

Back To School Remake In Works (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
There is a remake in the works of the 80's classic Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield but this time Cedric The Entertainer will be the main star who also did a remake for the 80's vacation movies starring Chevy Chase. The writers for the remake are David Ronn and Jay Scherick who brought us I Spy, National Security, and Serving Sara. What do you guys think about the idea of a Back To School remake?.

-Mike

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
There is a remake in the works of the 80's classic Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield but this time Cedric The Entertainer will be the main star who also did a remake for the 80's vacation movies starring Chevy Chase. The writers for the remake are David Ronn and Jay Scherick who brought us I Spy, National Security, and Serving Sara. What do you guys think about the idea of a Back To School remake?.

-Mike

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The original is funny and a classic.

Do we really need a black version? Suprised Eddie Murphy isn't staring in it.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The original is funny and a classic.

Do we really need a black version? Suprised Eddie Murphy isn't staring in it.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Not comparable. You can "remake" a book as many times as you want, because books are that way.. just as are plays.. but if it's a film first, and there is only one.. then it's just a buck squeeze :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Not comparable. You can "remake" a book as many times as you want, because books are that way.. just as are plays.. but if it's a film first, and there is only one.. then it's just a buck squeeze :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
A "black" version? Right. The Wiz is an awesome example of a "black" version rating close to the original.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
A "black" version? Right. The Wiz is an awesome example of a "black" version rating close to the original.

Ryan

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Wow. Misty eyed nostalgia somehow has made one of Rodney Dangerfield's poorest films into some kind of masterpiece! I'll give you the "Triple Lindy"; that was funny, but mostly, "Back To School" pales in comparison to Rodney's earlier films. A remake of a so-so movie? I guess I'm not surprised by anything anymore after seeing previews for garbage like "Soul Plane" and "White Chicks".

-Dennis

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Wow. Misty eyed nostalgia somehow has made one of Rodney Dangerfield's poorest films into some kind of masterpiece! I'll give you the "Triple Lindy"; that was funny, but mostly, "Back To School" pales in comparison to Rodney's earlier films. A remake of a so-so movie? I guess I'm not surprised by anything anymore after seeing previews for garbage like "Soul Plane" and "White Chicks".

-Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks