Back To School Remake In Works

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Michael Pakula, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

There is a remake in the works of the 80's classic Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield but this time Cedric The Entertainer will be the main star who also did a remake for the 80's vacation movies starring Chevy Chase. The writers for the remake are David Ronn and Jay Scherick who brought us I Spy, National Security, and Serving Sara. What do you guys think about the idea of a Back To School remake?.

-Mike

2. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

There is a remake in the works of the 80's classic Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield but this time Cedric The Entertainer will be the main star who also did a remake for the 80's vacation movies starring Chevy Chase. The writers for the remake are David Ronn and Jay Scherick who brought us I Spy, National Security, and Serving Sara. What do you guys think about the idea of a Back To School remake?.

-Mike

3. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

The original is funny and a classic.

Do we really need a black version? Suprised Eddie Murphy isn't staring in it.

4. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

The original is funny and a classic.

Do we really need a black version? Suprised Eddie Murphy isn't staring in it.

5. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

Crap, like the remake of Dune

6. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

Crap, like the remake of Dune

7. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Not comparable. You can "remake" a book as many times as you want, because books are that way.. just as are plays.. but if it's a film first, and there is only one.. then it's just a buck squeeze [​IMG]

8. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Not comparable. You can "remake" a book as many times as you want, because books are that way.. just as are plays.. but if it's a film first, and there is only one.. then it's just a buck squeeze [​IMG]

9. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

A "black" version? Right. The Wiz is an awesome example of a "black" version rating close to the original.

Ryan

10. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

A "black" version? Right. The Wiz is an awesome example of a "black" version rating close to the original.

Ryan

11. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    Wow. Misty eyed nostalgia somehow has made one of Rodney Dangerfield's poorest films into some kind of masterpiece! I'll give you the "Triple Lindy"; that was funny, but mostly, "Back To School" pales in comparison to Rodney's earlier films. A remake of a so-so movie? I guess I'm not surprised by anything anymore after seeing previews for garbage like "Soul Plane" and "White Chicks".

-Dennis

12. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    Wow. Misty eyed nostalgia somehow has made one of Rodney Dangerfield's poorest films into some kind of masterpiece! I'll give you the "Triple Lindy"; that was funny, but mostly, "Back To School" pales in comparison to Rodney's earlier films. A remake of a so-so movie? I guess I'm not surprised by anything anymore after seeing previews for garbage like "Soul Plane" and "White Chicks".

-Dennis