Back 2 Future

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Can anyone tell me if the R2 version of this boxest will be a rubbish carboard sleeve with foldout plastic or a sleeve that contains 3 regular Amaray cases. (please let it be the last one!)

2. BenjaminG

BenjaminG Stunt Coordinator

I believe it will be a fold out digi-pack. I have to admit it look very nice though!

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's a digipack, I've seen pictures

The R1 will be a keepcase. Funny, I really liked the Digipack artwork a lot better

4. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Of course, either R2 or 4 have way better covers than the terrible puke blue atrocity in R1.
    Worst cover of the decade! [​IMG]

5. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I'm praying R2 has been delayed to include equivalent extras to R1 as I really don't want to have to own that ugly blue plastic thing...[​IMG]

6. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I don't think it's been delayed. It is scheduled to arrive August 21st, I have the R4 on pre-order.

7. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

I think it has been put back to December release so that it will include the same extras as the region 1 version. I can't remember where i saw this info but i am 95% certain it is true.

Getting back to the packaging, i would prefer to own the blue plastic case. Artwork is one thing but i have found that the carboard sleeves tend to fall apart or wear very quickly and look rather naff.

8. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

I hope the R2 version comes in a package similar to Universal's R2 Xena releases. While these are digipacks they come in a thick cardboard box which opens like a book, with the digipack glued inside.
    Excellent presentation - shame the presentation of the Xena discs doesn't match up to the packaging [​IMG]