What's new

Babylon 5 Disk 2/4 Problem... WB?? (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Has WB said anything about this issue?

I'm one of the folks that got this set (Christmas gift) and Disk 2 is actually a duplicate of Disk 4. I know a few other people have mentioned this in other threads.... but I'm curious if WB has made any kind of statement or anything on this. A rather large error I'd say... considering the disk has the ARTWORK for "disk 2" on it...

I'm going to head out to Future Shop in the next day or so to do an exchange, and hopefully get a set that doesn't have this problem. Have any other Canucks had to do with with FS? Hope it isn't an issue for them...

Rob T

Screenwriter
They haven't said anything about it as far as I know.
I've ordered it from Chapters. I hope it isn't messed up. :frowning:

Shaun C

Agent
I got this too. Put in each disk and checked the episode titles. They all seem OK. I did not watch them though, so hopefully it's not that the menu screen looks right but it actually has the episodes from disc 4.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Sounds like you are okay to me Shaun! My "disk 2" is a full duplication of disk 4. Except for the label/artwork on the disk. The menus and episode titles are all the same as disk 4... so it's pretty obvious.
Rob.. lemme know what happens! I'm heading to Future Shop this afternoon to do an exchange. We'll see how it goes. :D
*crossing fingers*

derek

Second Unit
I ordered the set from amazon.ca and have the problem. Any other experiences for US customers who preordered?

Matt Hamand

Agent
I also ordered my set from Amazon.ca. It not only had the disk 2/4 problem but the actual disk 4 was scratched so bad it crashed 30 minutes into "Signs and Portents".

I emailed Amazon and they sent me a replacement. I waited until I got the replacement before sending back the original (at their expense) so that I could cobble together a whole working set.

Turned out that wasn't even necessary. The replacement set came unscratched and disk 2 was disk 2.

Matt

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Well.. went to Future Shop today. :frowning:
I'm frowning 'cause while they were happy to take the return, they didn't have any B5 sets in stock. *sigh* I was really enjoying watchin' them.
So I picked up Season 7 of TNG instead. ;) I'll wait for a bit, and go buy it again later.
Even though I got TNG, I'm still annoyed though. That was a really great present.

Rob T

Screenwriter
How much was it at your future shop?
I saw it at mine before christmas for $88 and went back to get it on the 27th and they were all gone so I ordered it from chapters site for $76 instead. :)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Ugh. I hadn't even looked at mine yet, and now I've found that I too have the problem. I also ordered from Amazon.ca to take advantage of their better prices back when it was released. Now I wonder what I have to do to get this taken care of.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Well I checked their site and saw that I'm outside of the 30 day window to automatically get a replacement. So after going through page after page following links to contact them, I finally got to a page where I could send an e-mail. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and I'll post whatever reply I get.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Well I've just been blown away by Amazon's service. Here's a couple of quotes from the e-mail I just received. Keep in mind I'm writing this on New Year's day just a few hours after I notified them of the problem.

As the cost of return shipping is prohibitively expensive in this case, you do not need to return the defective item. You may dispose of it at your convenience.
All I can say is wow!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Rob: It was around 88 bucks when it was purchased... but seeing as they didn't have any, couldn't tell you the cost here now. ;)
Keith, that's some customer service!!! WOW!

Rob T

Screenwriter
It was around 88 bucks when it was purchased... but seeing as they didn't have any, couldn't tell you the cost here now.
yeah it was the same here.
I went to order it from a local Chapters store here and it ended up being a bit over $20 more than if I just got it from their site so I went with their site.
I checked it on the canada post tracking system and it said that it's at the local CPC outlet because I wasn't home when the mailman came by (they didn't leave a card saying to pick it up at the outlet though). :frowning:
I don't have access to a car tomorrow, but I'll call around to see what happened. I'll have it by Friday for sure. :)

derek

Second Unit
Update: Again kudos to Amazon.ca I got the same reply as Keith's and they are shipping a replacement set. The only downside is the projected in stock date is late Feb.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting conflicting shipping info on this. The first page that shows all the orders I have shows delivery set for 24 January - 12 February and then the page for the actual order shows it 6 January - 8 January, and the Bab 5 listing says it ships in 24 hours. So I don't know what to expect.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I finally got it.
I had 2 rattlers (disc 2 & 4), no scratches from what I can see and the manufacturing flaw with disc 2 & 4 didn't get into my set. :)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Glad you didn't get hit with it Rob. Although it's kinda ironic that 2 & 4 were your rattlers... ;)
I may buy it again this weekend. If I can find a copy. :D

Ken Lemons

Grip
I didn't get hit with the disk 2/disk 4 flaw, but I had two floaters. Disks 3 and 5 are both scratched. I was planning to watch the episodes gradually over the next month or so. Is there any way to tell if I need to replace the disks without watching them all the way through first?

TIA,
-Ken

derek

Second Unit
Amazon.ca customers rejoice just got email shipping confirmation of my replacement B5 set! :)

MikeSilver

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't get hit with the disk 2/disk 4 flaw, but I had two floaters. Disks 3 and 5 are both scratched. I was planning to watch the episodes gradually over the next month or so. Is there any way to tell if I need to replace the disks without watching them all the way through first?
If the discs are scratched, you should really ask your retailer for replacements. I managed to cull together a clean set between the two I was sent from Amazon.ca (before returning one as defective).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks