What's new

B4-Plus finally arrived!! Very cool (1 Viewer)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Well, its corner loaded cause I really dont have anywhere else to put it. Besides behind the couch.... but I like looking at it! :)

StarWars pod race scene is killer with my setup. Also, LOTR of course. Just, every movie that has great movie sound, sounds killer. Its just I have so much damn rattling everywhere, it really takes away from my movie experience. The windows are double paned and they rattle ridiculously. So, I am not really sure what to do. We are most likely going to move to Portland soon so hopefully we can find a house with a good HT space. Unless we decide to buy.... then it will be my MAIN priority. Finding a room that is perfect, or have a unfinished basement or something that I can build a HT room in.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
BTW, thanx to everyone for their comments on the gear. I just wish it looked better and more finished of a room. We finally got roman shades up today at least. We dont want to put very much effort into decorating for fear of moving soon.

Oh, and the Cerwin Vegas are only acting as stands for those huge bookshelves. They are not hooked up.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Tom,

IIRC, it has to do with the cone manufacturers using a clear coat on the cones instead of a powder coating. Once you start actually using the subs is when the spiderwebing happens.

John J. at Stryke has had a helluva time dealing with this issue on his new AV series drivers.

RajeeK

Second Unit
WOW. But mother of god man, do ya need that much bass in such a space, better let your insurance company know they will be expecting a bill soon to replace your foundation soon after that baby shakes it apart.:emoji_thumbsup:

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
quick question. I have both Aria and Video Essentials. I didnt know the test tones were different on them.

Consequently, I calibrated the system with VE but at 85db's.... So does that mean that reference level is +10db's above reference or -10 db's below reference. Oh brother.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
The problem with the driver clearcoat is the same thing that happened on our AV12's. Reason being that they are the same defective batch of cones. They don't look like that before shipping as TV said. As soon as they get bumped around a little during shipping or get played the first time, they do that. They were supposed to ahve a clear powdercoat and the cone vendor used some kind of clear paint on instead. These are most likely the so called "replacements" from the cone vendor. They had a batch that were even worse that were sent back. Now TC is waiting for new proper replacements. They are replacing any drivers of ours that had problems. I'm sure they will do the same for SVS. I unfortunately had about 140 woofers that went out this way. :-(

John

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Is the problem with the "crackling" on the cone just a cosmetic problem?

The reason I ask is that I recently purchased a 16-46PC+ which does not have the driver visible. I'm wondering if this could also be a problem for those of us who purchased the cylinder models?

JimmyK

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jimmy,

It's totally cosmetic, and only affected a limited number of woofers at that. We're working to make sure Adam is looking 100% right soon. Looks count!

Ron

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Thanks Ron!

Glad to hear it's only cosmetic. I wasn't looking forward to getting down on the floor with a mirror and flashlight to see what the driver on my 16-46PC+ looked like!:D

JimmyK

ChadLB

Screenwriter
You should be able to look at the driver. If not just pop the 3 little ends on the bottom off and unscrew the screws to take the baseplate off to see. But since you can't see your driver would it matter that much since it is a cosmetic thing...

Eric C D

Second Unit
Tom/Ron: If Adam's stain-job matches Rockets so well and is repeatable, is there any way you could keep track so it can be ordered that way. I can't see ever wanting a B4, but an Ultra, powered Ultra, or smaller box (B2 option?) in that finish would probably get WAF raves and make a next upgrade that much easier.

salivatingly yours,

Eric

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Eric,

We've closely examined the Rocket/Diva type finishes exactly for that reason. We want to be able to match it well for the B4, and ultimately other box subs. No one's ordered an SS cylinder sub yet to match their Rockets, but I suppose it's only a matter of time ;^)

Not sure what SVS might be next available in wood finish but rest assured we know that "basic black" doesn't scratch everyone's itch.

Ron

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
The defect has psychoacoustic effects for now. You know that there could be irreversable microfissures on the surface that will only make matters worse.

I'm just playing :D

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
I dont know actually. That was my main concern. She is almost 3 tho. She will be 3 in July. So far, she doesnt even seem tempted to touch them yet. I guess I am lucky. I think I have given off enough vibes for her to sense they are off limits. The other one is 6. The only thing I worry about him doing is knocking them over playing or fighting with Kaelynn.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
some big ass equipments! i was hoping to see the little girl sit on the top of the subwoofer as a size comparison. i thought the tv was 36 inch, and now even at 40 inc it looks really small in the picture.

congrats on the purchase! be sure no neigbour is harmed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks