What's new

B&W CDM Series...Would this be an upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
I have an opportunity to get some B&W CDM-1nts and a CDM-CNT for my front soundstage. I currently have NHT 1.5s and an AC-1. I have always loved the NHT sound and recently went back to the NHTs but this might be a deal I cannot afford to let pass if it is truly an upgrade. I am aware of the price difference between the 2 sets of speakers. I also realize that this price difference has not always equated to "more money is better sound" to me. So I am looking for opinions on sound differences. I cannot listen to the B&Ws as they are in a warehouse and my local dealer just discontinued them. I will be driving them with Rotel amps and a Lexicon processor. I am 60/40 HT to Music but accuracy in the music side is the most important factor to me. Thanks for your opinions.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
I would try and go audition them somewhere, Personally I like B&W, but everybody is different

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Eric,

1.5's are pretty good, certainly better bass than the 1NT.

If you can get them 25%off or better you may want to get them. You can resell them at little to no loss if you decide they are not for you. Personally I like the CNT center.

If the dealer has CDM7nt than maybe you want to get those. If there are any Nautilus deals, let me know.

Eric A

Second Unit
Thanks for the comments so far. I am looking for detailed comparison on the imaging, soundstage, midrange and highs. I will be running these with a sub for all but some 2 channel so bass is not the biggest priority. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks