B&W CDM Series...Would this be an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric A, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

I have an opportunity to get some B&W CDM-1nts and a CDM-CNT for my front soundstage. I currently have NHT 1.5s and an AC-1. I have always loved the NHT sound and recently went back to the NHTs but this might be a deal I cannot afford to let pass if it is truly an upgrade. I am aware of the price difference between the 2 sets of speakers. I also realize that this price difference has not always equated to "more money is better sound" to me. So I am looking for opinions on sound differences. I cannot listen to the B&Ws as they are in a warehouse and my local dealer just discontinued them. I will be driving them with Rotel amps and a Lexicon processor. I am 60/40 HT to Music but accuracy in the music side is the most important factor to me. Thanks for your opinions.

2. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I would try and go audition them somewhere, Personally I like B&W, but everybody is different

3. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Eric,

1.5's are pretty good, certainly better bass than the 1NT.

If you can get them 25%off or better you may want to get them. You can resell them at little to no loss if you decide they are not for you. Personally I like the CNT center.

If the dealer has CDM7nt than maybe you want to get those. If there are any Nautilus deals, let me know.

4. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

Thanks for the comments so far. I am looking for detailed comparison on the imaging, soundstage, midrange and highs. I will be running these with a sub for all but some 2 channel so bass is not the biggest priority. Thanks.