What's new

B&W 600 S3 speaker pics (1 Viewer)

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying a pair of the 602's, but I can't decide if I want them in black or oak. Both of my dealers only have black available and if I order a pair of oak, I would have to buy them. I haven't seen them in a real life setting, so I don't know if I will like them. If anyone has some pictures of any of the B&W 600s in oak, that would be strongly appreciated.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Have you seen the CDM line in Oak with the silver Ikea look? They look like that only not as shiny as it's not veneer. Not bad if you like the ikea look!

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the 601 S3 in Oak Sorrento and it looks great because it matches the look of my place. A bit on the modern/minimalist type of furniture.

And it looks even better without the grille, but since I have kids I just keep it on. The yellow kevlar cones will surely be a major attraction for curious toddlers.

I just wish I could afford the B&W stands because they really looked great with the Oak type.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, how do you find the LCR60? I use the same centre just in black, but I have it partnered with the series 2 floorstanders and find that they work great together. I have yet to hear any of the S3 floorstanding models, have you heard any of the S2's and if so how do they compare?

James, I did a direct comparison between the 603s2 and 603s3 before I bought the latter. They sounded very similar to me, with the s3 having just a little tighter bass and a slightly sweeter midrange. To be honest, the biggest selling point was the appearance; these speakers look awesome! Before B&W introduced the series 3, I was considering getting the CM4s and CMC, both for their sound and good looks. B&W basically had my money as soon I saw the first 600s3 advertisement in a magazine.
I really like the LCR60. It looks and sounds great, and it matches well with my other speakers, which is all you can ask of a center channel. I'm happy to hear that yours is working out so well!

Jason

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
Its a great little speaker, well its actually not that small when compared to the competitions at the same price. Personally I didnt like the CM range very much, or infact the CDM NT range, it had its strengths over the DM range but for my music tastes I prefered the DM's, they are also alot better with bass with home cinema.
Your system looks very modern in the finish you chose and fits in very well with your room. I would post a picture of mine but I have no idea how to.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The 600 series from B&W, particularly the 602 is one of the best bang-for-the-buck speakers you can buy and has been for some time. I believe when carefully matched with a good sub the 602s can easily go toe to toe with speaker systems costing three times as much money. I have had my DM602s for 4 years now and I love them more every time I listen to them. The more critically I listen the better they get.

I would recommend against the oak finish on these speakers. If you have other wood items in your home theater that match the exact color of the 602s (as in all the photos linked to so far) they will look fabulous. If however you have any different color wood they will clash and look awful, whereas the blacks would look fine. I made a similar mistake with speaker stands about 6 years ago. I got the wood ones because I thought they were beautiful (and they are). Unfortunately they now don't match anything I have in the room and I want to replace them. $50 speaker stands are one thing, a $600 set of speakers is something different entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks