What's new

B&K Ref 30 vs Anthem AVM20? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Spalvieri

Auditioning
I am trying to decide which processor I should go with to power my MartinLogans, the B&K Ref 30 or the Anthem AVM20. This will ultimately decide which amps I will also go with. Any suggestions? Have any one heard either of these units?

Han

Second Unit
Does anyone even have the Anthem AVM20 yet? I'm not sure about sound quality, but on paper the component video switching of the Anthem looks better. And the history of upgrades is also slightly better on the Anthem side.

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
It is my understanding that Paradigm, the owner of Sonic Frontiers and maker of Anthem, has layed off the entire work force, closed the production facility, and folded any existing operations into it's own speaker plant. It supposedly has an interest in continuing to sell multi channel home theater equipment. I don't know if this means making the product at Paradigm or outsourcing. I was seriously considering purchasing the Anthem AVM20 until I found this out. It looks like a great product but I need more information about the firm itself before considering this product further.
Best regards-Henry
------------------

Ka Yuen

Agent
Henry,
This is an article on Paradigm factory tour. Link Removed
go down to Featured Articles

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Henry,
Anthem has recently moved and production was halted for a while. I am quite sure they are now back up and running. What is the source of your information??
------------------

TomH

Second Unit
The Ref 30 is certainly outdated and overpriced by today's standards. B&K will not answer inquiries regarding upgrades.

Curtis_Edwards

Stunt Coordinator
I too am awaiting the Anthem AVM20. I hope it will sound/perform as good as it seems on paper or I will have to go with either the Tag Mclaren or the Integra Research RDC-7.

Han

Second Unit
I'm also hoping the Parasound C1 and C2 will come out near the timeframe of the Anthem. The bass management features on the Parasounds sound interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks