What's new
World Wide Stereo

b&k problems? (1 Viewer)

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
i purchased the ref 50 3 months ago. it went back to b&k
for the software upgrade and to have th econtroller card changed as it was locking up. now i have a popping noise the comes from my speakers when ever i press play or stop on the dvd player. ( denon 2900 ). i called b&k and was asked if i use optical on coxial. i told the tech coxial then i was placed on hold. when he returned he stated that the units pick up the digital signal by pressing play and loose the signal when pressing stop. so he claims the noise that is i am hearing is from that. he said most people that hear it have the optical cable. i have a choice noe he says i can live with it, or if it get worse send the unit back to them for repair. i am sorry but for 2,500 dollars this should not happen. i replaced my pioneer elite reciver after 3 years for seperates and never once had a problem with it. anyone else have issues with b&k???????????
they do not get my vote on a superior product. frank

728x90

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
B&K is known to not use a muting circuit for their source switching like most other manufacturers do. All their processors have this issue.

Another known issue is the random audio dropouts for DirectTv receivers.

Fortunately, some of it was addressed in their 1.04 patch and I believe the dropouts and most of the speaker pop/clicks issue will be addressed w/ the 99% complete 1.05 (due out in a few weeks)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks