What's new

AV15 Power Handling (1 Viewer)

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
I see the manufacture states the Pe is 500W for the AV15, but I think I've seen post stating that it can take more. What is the consensus on Peak and Continuous power handling of this driver or is 500W when it melts down?

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
I have considered MANY alignments and just curious as to what my parameters are. Your question begs me to ask, is it typically a problem trying to max out power? I have 4 AV15's, and a BFD. Looking to get a QSC PLX2402 amp (and modifying it to natively accept 0.775V). I want low frequency AND 120dB ~ 122dB at 20hz, the rumble filters I have to chose from are 12hz and 18hz. The max height for a port is 49" minus the port diameter (~7.5"). I can have 1 or 2 boxes with up about 400L gross internal volume in each then taking out volume for bracing, drivers, and port. I think I have a good feel for most of the parameter limits, now I just am looking at max power. I’m just trying to optimize the finished product maximizing output and depth with selectively chosen components (without wasting... ie designing for a 14hz tuning point and having to use the 17hz rumble filter, wasting usable low end)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Your question begs me to ask, is it typically a problem trying to max out power?
It's not usually an issue with subs, you almost always exceed the mechanical limits first. I like the looks of the AV15 in 200L tuned to 18Hz with a 6" flared port and ~750 watts. An infrasonic filter that kicks in around Fb should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks