What's new

Auditioning Energy C-C3 this weekend (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I went to listen to the C-C3 at the local shop Saturday, and the salesman let me bring it home for the weekend. I am currently using the AC-300, which is a fine center.

But I must say, the C-C3 is really better...and worse. What I mean by that is I can run movies at significantly louder, yet it does not seem any louder because the C-C3 can handle the load with ease.

I usually run my Denon AVR-3802/Carver A-V705x combo at -13 on my Denon volume control. I noticed with the new center, the sound seemed somewhat subdued, so I turned it up to -8 (with the AC-300, that would be near its breaking point). The C-C3 just seemed to smile and say "Is that all you got?"

I decided to demo scenes from Thirteen Days, which has a lot of good dialogue scenes and some cool, though brief, airplane action. Well, I ended up watching the whole thing. Then I decided to plop in the Matrix to listen to the opening sequence as well as the lobby scene. Well, I ended up watching the entire Matrix as well.

Very nice center. And the C-C3 looks a lot cooler than the pics led me to believe. Damn, anyone want to give me $599 so I can buy one of my very own? Otherwise, I'll have to wait a few more months for someone to sell a used one or for an eBay dealer to start carrying them.

If anybody out there has Energy speakers, I TOTALLY recommend the C-C3 for your next upgrade, unless you already have Veritas. :emoji_thumbsup:

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Yeah, those Energys are the real thing. After much auditioning, buying, selling, returning, I bought my son the Energy RVS L-C-R setup. Really great stuff. I recently added the RVSS surrounds to my own HT and just bought Veritas 2.2 for my mains. The RVSS added so much to my depth and fullness and I expect the Veritas to be that major next step up as mains. Next will be a matching 2.0 center for them.

I continue to be impressed with the Energy lineup and am currently helping a buddy set his own HT up and Energy may get the nod then too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks