What's new

Audio receiver + speaker recommendation (1 Viewer)

Ax1lla

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
Hi all,

I am putting together the various components for my theater room. So far, I have a purchased the Epson 2250 and 120 inch silver ticket screen.

I now need to get my audio equipment. My requirements are at least a 7.1 or… 7.2 if it’s worth it. I would also like to have 2 zones. My theater room will be 5.1 but I ran two more speaker wires out to the pool room as well so that I could listen to music the same time somebody is watching TV if I wanted to. I was hoping to be around $700 but don’t really want to go higher than 1000. I’m curious as to what you guys think is the best for this budget. Also, what are the best quality brands for audio receiver these days? I did not have the best experience with my previous Onkyo surround sound system....

I also don’t want to break the bank with my speakers but don’t want something too cheap at the same time. So if there’s any recommendations on this as well, I would highly Appreciate it.

tks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just a suggestion, but putting more than half your budget into the projector is probably a bit out of proportion. You'll be stuck with a pretty low end system even at at $1K, unless maybe you scour the used market. I mean, are you asking for as much as a 7.2 system for $700? That's simply not realistic. Sorry to be a downer, but it's just reality.

Ax1lla

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
More like about 40%. 60% is for audio.
ive spent about $1300 on projector and the screen. I have 2k tops to spend on audio. Is that not doable? 7.1 is fine too.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
More like about 40%. 60% is for audio.
ive spent about $1300 on projector and the screen. I have 2k tops to spend on audio. Is that not doable? 7.1 is fine too.
I’m confused, because you said you were aiming at $700 for audio, $1K maximum.

Ax1lla

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
Sorry, I probably wasn’t the clearest. I have 2k to put into receiver and speakers. I was trying to get a receiver for around 700-1000. I saw some at Best Buy for that range but had no idea if they were good or not.

Although 2k is my budget I’d rather land at 1500 if possible 😜

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You should budget more for speakers than the receiver. Often quite a bit more. At $2K total, I'd probably go for around $600 for the receiver. But it depends on how many channels you go for and if you include a sub. Denon makes good receivers in that price range. I'd personally stay away from Sony. Take a serious look at used , refurg and closeouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks