What's new

audio quality on Sony SACD/DVD player 755 (1 Viewer)

Sathyan

Second Unit
Sony has a cheap SACD/DVD player, the DVP-NS755. I am interested in the audio quality of this player for SACD's and redbook CD's (this would become my primary CD player). How would you rate it on these audio formats? I currently have a Sony DVD player & CD changer, both hooked up digitally as the built-in DACs are horrible. With SACD you have to use the players analog outputs so the player must do a competent job

On Bass Management, is it adequate? I don't have full-range speakers so some sound will need to be redirected to the sub. Is the cross-over fixed? At what frequency?

-Sathyan

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Sathyan,
I haven't heard the NS755, but I can tell you that your comments on Sony DACs doesn't apply to all Sony models. My 9000ES DVD/SACD has truly superb DACs. I've A/B'd it with the DACs in my Lexicon MC-12 and there is very little difference, if any. No bass management, though... so I use a DIY outboard crossover for subs in SACD mode. No multichannel SACD either... so I'd be interested in member's comments on newer Sony multichannel SACD models...

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have the predecessor to the 755, the 500V. SACD output is stunning to my ears. I have not tested the CD output. No bass management on my model so I can't comment on that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks