1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio problem with digital cable

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tom Fullsail, May 10, 2004.

1. Tom Fullsail

Tom Fullsail Auditioning

I've got Comcast digital cable plus HDTV, using the Motorola DCT 6200 and a Denon 3803 AV Receiver. I have a weird problem where, on the channels below 100, I get a periodic clicking sound through all of my speakers (5.1 surround). The sound is kind of like a static electricity sound you would hear if you touched a door knob and got a shock. I get it through the analog and digital inputs, as well as through the regular cable input, on my receiver. If I play a DVD, Gamecube, or CD, I don't have the problem, and it doesn't occur on channels higher than 100.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Should I just have my cable box replaced? Thanks!

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Since it is through both the analog and digital and only on the below 100 (ususally analog video) channels, I would consult with Comcast. It may be your box or your source from the pole.