What's new

Atlantis:Lost Empire (R1-Canada) possible defect... (1 Viewer)

Mikal Haydn

Agent
There may be a defect in the R1 Atlantis:Lost Empire (Collectors Ed) dvds from canada. On my Pioneer player, the player pauses at 27:24 and 27:25 causing the audio to drop out. At least one person has posted about the same problem which occurs at the same spot in another forum. The disc looks fine too - no severe scratches, etc

This happens at the scene where the 1st vehicle is shown at the left in the tunnels. Haven't checked this on DVD-ROM yet...

Would like to hear from other owners of this disc.

Mikal Haydn

Agent
I'm sure its not a layer change because the that occurs later in the movie (after the 60 minute mark, i think). The Pioneer player says 'search' on the panel when there is a layer change. In this case, at 27:24, the player just pauses for a second and resumes at 27:25 and pauses again.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
There is definitely a defect on the disk at that point, but it didn't cause my Toshiba SD 1200 to freeze up. In fact, if I hadn't been looking for it I would have missed it completely. There was no audio dropout, but I noticed two large pixel-type squares freeze in the left side of the picture (on the ceiling of the cave in the glare of the headlights) for just a second.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Joseph, this is an excellent disk. If you were really looking forward to this title, then rent it first to see how it plays on your particular DVD player. As stated above, I would not have noticed this glitch if I hadn't gone right to that point to look for it. Sounds like it may be worse on some players than others.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I guess I shouldn't be amazed that a one-second pause in addition to a layer change would cause people to not get this DVD?? :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Just bought it and just about to play it now on the PC (later today on the main system). I'll let you know.

Mikal Haydn

Agent
On DVD-ROM, it skips the frame without dropping audio. Instead of travelling smoothly, the vehicle shifts a bit to the right. I think this will be the case for many non Pioneer players.. almost unnoticeable. But you'd have to really look for it as Jason would say. It will vary across dvd players. Wouldn't mind so much if it occured during the quieter scenes...

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
I get the dropout on a Pioneer DV-09 but my Sony 335 doesn't detect anything. Seems a little different on each player.

John DeLuca

Stunt Coordinator
I just tried this in my JVC S62SL and didn't notice any problem at all. Didn't seem to skip or drop out at all. I got the 2-disc set if that matters at all. I can try it in my Malata as well.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Played almost lawlessly on my RCA. On a quick buzz at the layer change.

Regards this disc..I hope this is a trend that continues. Everything I took the time to watch in the 2nd disc was 16X9..and some of it 5.1!!!! NICE change over other studios extra material.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I see a small rectangular possible flaw that lasts about one frame and covers the width of the area that is lit up by the vehicle but is at 27:27. Is this what everybody is talking about? Now you guys have me nitpicking the heck out of the picture! :)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Now, that I've really been scrutinizing it, I noticed that lining up perfectly to the right of this imperfection is a tiny black box on the opposite side of the screen, in the middle of the second large boulder from the right, diagonally lower and to the left of the 1st one. It seems to be there nearly everytime I dvd step by this point but I've noticed the occassional varience in its appearance. I hope this slight occasional variance isn't an indicator that it is a flaw in the disc as opposed to the source material. I guess i'm being really picky but I always have been! I can't help it. Can anyone check this and give me there opinion whether this is a flaw in the disc, the mastering or the source material?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks