What's new

Atlantis:Lost Empire (R1-Canada) possible defect... (1 Viewer)

Joe R

Auditioning
My cousin also had this problem with her Pioneer player.She had to return it twice before she got one that played on her player.All 3 copies had no problems on my Sony player.I dont think it really matters how old your player is either.My first Sony player was bought in Dec. 97 never had any problems at all.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Not having seen this in the Theater, I didnt realize the prologue was in a Foreign language with English subs...:b

I understand there is already an #800 phone line for this disc...

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I've had my Sony dvd player since 1999 and I have'nt had any problems with any of the Disney dvds, but I'm hesitant about purchasing Atlantis. I would eventually like get a progressive dvd player, but if the imcompatiblity with most of the dvds and dvd players, I think I'll wait.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Played flawless on my Sony 725, indeed this player has never given me issues with any disney titles (even Dinosaur was fine). Lovely disc.

Dan (UK)

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I've had my Sony dvd player since 1999 and I have'nt had any problems with any of the Disney dvds, but I'm hesitant about purchasing Atlantis.
I wouldn't worry about Sony players--they tend to be much better in terms of playing DVD movies with no problems.

I do know that some of the decoder chips used in certain brands of DVD players are notorious for video skipping, improper Dolby and DTS surround decoding, etc.

I still remember when The Matrix DVD came out and that caused grief with DVD players that makes the issue with the Atlantis: The Lost Empire CE discs seem like a minor issue in comparison.

Well I thought I was going crazy, I've had the same problem on my Pioneer Elite DV-05. I exchanged the disc today and the pause is still there, as well as the pixellation later on. What's up here, I've never had a problem until now. Is it time for a new DVD Player?

Matthew

Well I tried the DVD out at my parents on their Sony DVP-S360 this morning, and there was no problem at all. I'm thinking that there might be a bug with the Pioneer DV-05 and this disc. Has anyone tried contacting Pioneer?

Matthew

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I think the problem lies in the 2Disc set because I borrowed a friends single disc version of the movie and it works fine on my Pioneer 525.

Kevin

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Played both discs this weekend on my Sony Dvp 550 and had no problems whatsoever. Amazing dvd!

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I just got this as well from Canada, and the sound was cracked and distorted from 27:24 to 27:28. Really annoying, as this is my first problem disc (and I am another Pioneer DVD player owner - DV717).

Has anyone been able to establish whether this is a defect in the disc, possibly in a batch of discs ?

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Played single disc version flawlessly on my Toshiba SD-6200, didn't even see the layer-change. I'll go back and watch it again. I usually catch these things the first time through.
You will see no layer change on the single disc version. One layer holds the widescreen version of the film, and the other holds the pan and scan.

-Lyle J.P.

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
My single disc version had audio dropouts pretty much from the get go. Had to switch my Pioneer 525's output to Dolby Digital->PCM and then the whole movie played fine.

Exhibited the exact same symptoms as Pearl Harbor and Jurassic Park III in Dolby Digital. Ugh.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Folks,
You may want to contact Disney's DVD support at http://www.disneydvd.com/support and report any problems with the Collector's Edition discs of Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
I believe that Disney is planning to ship corrected versions of the two-disc CE set to customers some time in March, since Disney has found out some DVD players' decoding chipsets may cause audio dropouts on the DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks and also occasional video playback problems. In short, make sure you keep that proof of purchase from the CE box!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks