What's new

! At Fox Studios with the Execs! Post Your Fox Questions Here and We Will Ask Away (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Bummer, I discovered this thread too late! Nice to see them doing Independence Day in 4K... hopefully it'll include the Five-Star DVD extras.

And if they're revisiting ID4, maybe they'll revisit Speed and Master and Commander with their respective 2-disc DVD extras. They missed the opportunity with Speed's 20th anniversary last year.

And yeah, last time Cameron was asked about The Abyss and True Lies, he seemed to imply that Fox was the guilty party.

(And I assume my guilty pleasure Trapped in Paradise won't be coming anytime soon.) ;)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Anything on the original Planet of the Apes film getting remastered/4K treatment?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Some more on the demise of TV on BD from Mike Dunn...

Research shows most people watch TV on computer laptops that are not equipped with a Blu-ray drive.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The consumer base has changed its priorities which is bad news for us film buffs. They're simply not enough of us buying these products to justify the cash outlets these studios have to incur to release these titles on Blu-ray. No corporate executive would walk away from generated revenues that exceed their expenses. It's another sad, but true basic principle of what many of us were taught in our basic economic classes back in the day. Supply and Demand rules the marketplace. Trouble is, Demand comes first then Supply.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Ron, are you referring to '76 version of The Omen? Will they offer the standard, remastered BD releases of The Omen and Independence Day along with 4k UHD?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Noach Kowalski said:
Ron, are you referring to '76 version of The Omen? Will they offer the standard, remastered BD releases of The Omen and Independence Day along with 4k UHD?
Yes, he's talking about the original The Omen.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Ronald Epstein said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_0425.JPG
Well done, Fox!

Any objections to firing this photo across to MGM?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Richard,

It absolutely was.

Initial response is that based on the condition of the elements the studio had to make critical choices of how to release a title vs. not releasing at all.

Upon further discussion Mike Dunn said the studio will look into the situation regarding the MOD releases.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Scott D S said:
Bummer, I discovered this thread too late! Nice to see them doing Independence Day in 4K... hopefully it'll include the Five-Star DVD extras.

And if they're revisiting ID4, maybe they'll revisit Speed and Master and Commander with their respective 2-disc DVD extras. They missed the opportunity with Speed's 20th anniversary last year.

And yeah, last time Cameron was asked about The Abyss and True Lies, he seemed to imply that Fox was the guilty party.

(And I assume my guilty pleasure Trapped in Paradise won't be coming anytime soon.) ;)
Master and Commander and no more near field remixing. Theatrical mix only and no filtering the mix at 30Hz! Let it be down 10Hz or lower.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
With the Fox 100 giving us high def versions of a lot of films I never expected to see in that format and their openness, Fox has been really doing a great job with their library lately. There's a line in the Rolling Stones song "Some Girls" that goes, "American girls want everything you can possibly imagine." I think it's true for American film fans too (myself included), but I do appreciate Fox doing what they can in terms of releases and communication.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Ronald Epstein said:
Richard,

It absolutely was.

Initial response is that based on the condition of the elements the studio had to make critical choices of how to release a title vs. not releasing at all.

Upon further discussion Mike Dunn said the studio will look into the situation regarding the MOD releases.

Thanks, Ron.

One of the more egregious examples is the MOD release of Woman's World, which has the word "CinemaScope" prominently featured on the cover art but the DVD is 1.33:1.

Woman's World.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks