What's new

Ascend Accoustics CBM-170s or Axiom M3-Ti (1 Viewer)

Hello All

I was wondering which speakers I should get. I looking for somthing 50/50 HT/Music. Probably my biggest concern is I don't want somthing to present, I'm a little concerened about listening fatigue. I would also like to know which 600 HT system would be a good match for either one of the speaker. I've been thinking about getting the Denon 2802. I've also thought about getting the HK/520 but the manufacturing problems scare me a little.

Thanks in advance and looking foward to hearing from you,

Shane

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Ascend 5.1 system (3x CBM-170, 2x HTM-200, Hsu VTF-2) with an H/K AVR-520 and I am quite happy. No problems with fatigue on the Ascends, they are laid-back speakers. They have a sale going on right now and combined with the great price and the AVR-520 you can get a great 5.1 setup with receiver for well under $2k.

MatthewK

Stunt Coordinator
My father just got the following system and it sounds *great*. Could probably use a sub upgrade but with the M3ti's it doesn't feel lacking at all. :)
2 Axiom M3ti Mains
1 Axiom VP100 Center
2 Axiom QS4 surrounds
1 Sony WM40 sub
1 Denon 1803
For the first 10 hours it was a little bright but that has leveled off. My father, brother and myself all *love* the system. :) The Denon and Axiom work great together.
I think for your money it depends if you want a system that is much more on the laid back side or (potentially) a tad on the bright side.
Matthew

one vote each now what :) .. anyone else??
I appreciate the responses, and I think I will be buying on Monday. I have one more call to make to check out some modified speakers that are supposed to be amazing. We will see. I will let you know which way I choose. I also wondering about how they do with shoddily recorded cd's. Do they express all the junk or can you listen to them?
Thanx again

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
Shane, I own a 5.1 Ascend Acoustic system and I could not be more pleased. The CBM-170s are great for both music and movies. Check out www.cheaphometheater.com for a review of the Ascend/Hsu combo. Also Brad J. has posted a well-written review on this site that I think you will find informing. The Ascends will expose inferior music sources (GIGO), but I find that to be an asset rather than a liability. They are well known for their vocal reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks