What's new

Artoo-Detoo: Beneath the Dome DVD (1 Viewer)

Steve_Com

Grip
Artoo-Detoo: Beneath the Dome will be coming our way December 26th.

Media Play , Suncoast, and Sam Goody have it available for pre-order on their websites now at $8.99. No other details are known at this time.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
This is so mine.. :) Cheers for bringing it to my attention, Steve.
Everyone should watch the trailer for this on the Star Wars : Episode II DVD. Even in that small sample, there's some delightfully funny moments.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Small sample? I thought that was it! How long is the ruddy thing?
ps. I enjoyed that 'small sample' on the AOTC dvd btw (wow 3 acronyms in a row, a record?), it was funny, not sure I'd buy a longer version though, unless it was insanely funny.:D

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
There were 3 Parts to the "Beneath The Dome" series... 4 if you count the trailer that's on the AOTC DVD. They were each anywhere from 6 to 8 minutes in length. So, all together it runs under 30 minutes. But it's pretty funny stuff.

Hard to argue with the $8.99 price, too. "George Lucas In Love", which was much shorter, sells for about that much though it does include some other shorts and bonus features. Speaking of which, wonder if Lucasfilm will throw any other treats on the disc.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Hopefully one of the extras on the disc will be the "Star Wars Connections" featurette that is exclusive to the AOTC's VHS tapes.

I remember watching that on TV, back before AOTC's opened in theaters. They showed a piece of it each night when they were showing ESB, ROTJ, and TPM on Fox.

I don't want to have to buy VHS, just to get that little featurette. So let's hope that they think enough of us DVD folks that don't want VHS. :p)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
It was C-3PO and R2-D2, talking about the charecters that connect with the OT. They talked about Anakin and Padme, which led into talking about Vader, Luke, and Leia. They also talked about Jango Fett and Boba Fett. I believe the third one was about the Jedi Council, which led to talking about Yoda and Obi-Wan being the only surviving Jedi. It was pretty intresting in the fact that it used somthing from Lucas' plot ideas for the 9th Star Wars movie. At the end of that one, it was supposed to reveal that the entire saga was being told by C-3PO and R2-D2. :)

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Mike: I've had the Clones disc for a week or so now, and I don't see the Connections featurette.

Unless it's a hidden Easter Egg. But since I haven't heard anything about it on here, I'd assume that it's not on the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks