What's new

Artisan planning a Total Recall "Extreme Edition" (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Will it come complete with a California Recall ballot? :laugh:

Thanks, I'll stick with my baboon butt.

I can't believe I posted that in a public forum.:b

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I would buy Total Recall Extreme Edition only if it boasted major improvements over the SE.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I can never get enough Total Recall! Best Sci Fi movie ever! And since Californian viewers are going to be deprived of this classic on TV for the time being, then I'm all for this. I mean, there might actually be a couple of Wal Marts that don't have ten copies of the Baboon Edition sitting on the shelves still.

Maybe we can get a Sharon Stone commentary this time. Or a documentary about Philip K Dick. Or an isolated score soundtrack. Or some deleted scenes. Or, I dunno. The last edition was pretty good. Frankly, I think the violence/gore is fine with the theatrical R rated edition; but yeah it'd be neat to see what got cut.

They're going to have to get a little creative though to top the last edition. It's only a couple years old anyway. Still, I'm happy to see the film getting even more attention since it's a favorite and I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves.

"A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Erase."

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have never gotten around to picking up any version of this on DVD, so I would be very happy to pick up an Ultimate Edition. Hopefully I will be able to find it cheap like the T2: Ultimate Edition.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is really sad.

Artisan is sitting on many Laurel & Hardy films, Betty Boop cartoons, countless Republic serials, and shows such as Get Smart.

Not only that, but a lot of that is sitting in archives with restored versions around...especially the Republic stuff. They simply have to do new digital transfers and produce some special features. Disney is releasing annual animation shorts DVD's and Warner is starting their line. Republic has one of the 4 "big" lines of cartoons, which is the Fleischer (excluding Popeye and Superman, which is with WB) library.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
"I think that the only way that you really keep it a secret is by not telling anyone."

Britton

Screenwriter
I said I wouldn't get T2:EE, and I did. However, I think I'll give this one a pass. Even though T2 isn't even my favorite Terminator movie, for some reason it's just one of those films that demands I own the best presentation of. Total Recall, which I often quote, just isn't the same situation.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
It's gruesome enough in R rated form, but I'm not buying if it isn't a reconstructed directors cut.

Come on Artisan, don't be lazy, shock us all with the unrated version!

Kristoffer

Second Unit
I was very impressed by T2 EE PQ and i don't have Total Recall so I might get it!
I just ordered Robocop SE ( R4, mgm ) with the director's cut availble via seamless branching!

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'm still waiting for Artisan to put out decent dvds of Last Emperor & The Piano and perhaps put Ruby in Paradise on dvd, but if they did they would most likely rehash the old pan & scan transfer :frowning:

But knowing Artisan we will end up getting an Extreme Edition of Stargate and yet another release of the Rambo Trilogy :thumbsdown:

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator
I'll buy any new version of this film, because I haven't yet got around to buying the current version on the market. Just a few days ago I had this film in my hand at Wal-Mart, but I guess it was good that I decided to put it back on the shelf if they're going to release a superior version.

An isolated score would be great. Also in the "dreaming" department, I'd love to see a feature which might show the "End of a Dream" sequence (i.e. the part where the air generator is turned on
) with the score fully intact. It's a great piece of action scoring that was almost totally trashed and replaced with sound effects.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Isolated scores are a rare feature these days, given the fact that studios have taken notice of fans dubbing professional quality bootlegs of complete scores. Besides, the complete Total Recall score has already been released on CD.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Damn Artisan :angry:

I picked up my copy of "Baboon's Butt" edition from Wal-mart ($20 CAD) a month ago!

If there are some terrific deleted scenes such as Quaid boning some Martian babe, then it'll be worth it! :D

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I wan't the villain replaced by Gray Davis,and released on Oct 7.;)
Oh boy, I can hear the sound of the galloping burros now,better go.:D

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all for that, Luis. I've held off on buying the crappy edition, so if they want to revisit another title, I'd welcome it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Hmm.. an NC-17 Total recall in WM9 1080p?? Might have to get it... Now wheres my Extreme Edition of The Running Man?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks