What's new

Artisan planning a Total Recall "Extreme Edition" (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
Seriously, Artisan Entertainment has got to be the most money-hungry studio ever. I can't believe they're about to try another triple-dip on a title. Of course, the sadder thing is that I'll probably end up buying it. :wink:

- Source: USA Today

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
It's obvious Artisan has exhausted their back catalogue. What else are they going to do (aside from the endless B-movies they release pan and scan)?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not Artisan, but a couple years ago, Bruce Campbell was doing a book signing and mentioned the then-forthcoming "Book Of The Dead" release of The Evil Dead. Someone groaned and asked how many times they were going to release this. His response: "Well, you're still buying them."

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
certainly seems like it is Arnold all over the news all of a sudden with his back catalogue being re re leased once again.

What's next Hercules in NY Extreme Edition ?

:D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have to say, if Total Recall looks better than the SE, I will buy it. I think the SE looks pretty good though. But, it could look even better. :D

Will K

Screenwriter
I really love the movie, but the only draw to upgrade for me is if it's Verhoeven's original bloodier cut before the MPAA trims. But I'm not holding my breath.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
C'mon, who is really going to replace something as cool as the "Baboon's Butt" edition with something as boring as "Extreme Edition"?

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Hard to imagine anyone spending the $$$ for this one...

Right now the TR SE has been marked down with alot of Artisan movies for $7.99!!!

You can find the display at Fey and Coconuts.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I won't buy it unless it has the original NC-17 cut with more gore, similar to the Robocop director's cut. I've always wanted to see this version of Total Recall.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
Being stuck with the original non-anamorphic, naff-all-special-about-it edition, and never having got around to buying the special edition, I welcome a remastered re-release.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
If they use the baboon ass case again, I'll scream. On the other hand, I can place the cases side by side and it'll actually look just like a buttock.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd skip this, I'm fine with my Special Edition. Doesn't Artisan have any non-anamorphic release they need to re-release!

Craig_T

Second Unit
If Artisan is running out of catalog titles they should release an "Extreme Edition" of Reservoir Dogs and do a good transfer this time.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
There's no way in hell I'm rebuying this. I'm not about to put any more money in Schwarzenegger's pockets these days.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Honestly, I'll buy an Extreme Edition (or Ultimate, whatever cheesy namesake they want) of 'Reservoir Dogs' just because the screwed up the transfer so bad. But 'Total Recall' looks and sounds great already, why not spend the money on widescreen transfers of 'Drop Dead Fred' or any of the other titles that got shit on this year by this terrible studio. :angry:

Anybody sure that Jeff Fink's middle name isn't Rat?:D

Sean*O

Second Unit
NC-17 Directors cut of Total Recall would sell. I would snag one. Wonder if they will also include a HD WM9 version Ala T2 extreme?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
like Simon above, I never got around to replacing my crappy first release version of TR with the baboon butt version, so I would have no problem with another release. especially if it is an NC-17 directors cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks