What's new

Art 351 Equalizer in Canada ? (1 Viewer)

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
Anyone know of a reliable Canadian site that would carry this ? I really wanna flatten out the bass response in my room. I'm getting some really annoying 50-70 hz bass and I wanna calm it down a bit. Anyways, from what I hear this is the best eq to get.

I know I can buy this from SVS bgut I much prefer buying from Canada to avoid customs/border fee's and other hassles.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Depending how soon you want it, I may be selling mine and getting a Behringer. I'm in Toronto.

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
Why sell it and get a Behringer ? I can get a BFD here in town for $189 CND. I thought the Art was better though ?

Ned

Supporting Actor
The Behringer is parametric so it is much more flexible. It's also much more complex to use. The ART is dead easy to use but may not have a band that matches up with the problem frequencies.

I've seen many BFD's in the for sale section here that were never used due to the complexity. For it's simplicity, the ART is still a good unit.

Before:

After:

PaulT

Supporting Actor
The BFD for 189CDN is the way to go IMHO. It took me an hour reading through snapbug website and then a half day annoying the wife and cat with test tones. Once you figure out the order to push 4 buttons, the BFD isn't difficult to use....

Since it is parametric, you can zoom in to the exact frequencies you want to deal with, and not rely on the fixed 1/6th Octave, or whatever the Art is.

BTW, Behringer require their dealers sell for list, so 189 is the same everywhere unless you can find a used one. I got a floor model shipped free from Axe Music in Calgary - there's one in Edmonton as well.

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
Yeppers, Axe Music is the place I'll be buying it from too. It's only 20 minutes away from my work. Since some people say it's a bit complicated, is there any good guides on how to use it ? or is the manual enough ?

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I was going back an forth between saving some cash and getting the ART or paying a bit more for the flexibility of the BFD. I have to say I am glad I went for the BFD. I don't think the ART would have been half as usefull. I picked mine up on ebay for $120 CAN, it was bought for a church and never used. From the looks of it I believe it. How could I go wrong at that price.

I find too that once you understand what it does it is easy to set up. There is plenty of into onthis forum if you seach for BFD and well this web site has a great setup guide.

http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Definately the snapbug site - see Lee's link, where there are instructions, test tones, excel spreadsheet.

Also you can get another great excel sheet that allows you to see what your filters are doing here:
http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/eq/peq.htm

Make sure you stop at Radio Shack on your way home to get 2 of these 'mono' adapters, and of course another sub cable:
GOLD-PLATED PHONO JACK TO 6.35MM (1/4") MONO PHONE PLUG 274-884 $5.99

Search the DIY Forum and this Forum for BFD and you will come up with a whole bunch of useful info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks