What's new

Are we gonna get an anamorphic Director's Cut of Stargate at last? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
DVD File are reporting an Ultimate Edition coming soon from Artisan, let's keep our fingers crossed XX.

Daniel I

Stunt Coordinator
I have been waiting for this one for awhile. I do remember hearing Anamorphic and DTS on the disc!

I'll see if I can dig up the specs.

Daniel I

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Excellent news if true. I really enjoyed this one and I still have the first release which is the flipper.
Peace Out~:D

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Yes...I have the second release of Stargate (the non-flipper-Directors-Cut-with-the-horrible-transfer version), and I am looking forward to gladly replacing it.

Its kinda odd that they would announce a movie for 9/3 a week into August. Thats not much time to get preorders and such in. I already have my orders in for September because I didnt anticipate any more announcements. Oh well, I'll just have to get this one separately.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, DVD File is reporting a street date of October 22. Peter is using some bad sentence structure. The October 22 date has been rumored for sometime.

It's Reservoir Dogs on September 3.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's been advertised for awhile, there's even ads for it in more recent Artisan titles

We have to hope/pray it'll be a proper transfer this time. I know that DTS is part of the plan at least a few months ago. Supposedly according to my source even Artisan knew their first transfer was crap. This time we should also get some documentaries and such, but I really think they should include a rebate coupon considering this is the THIRD go-around

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I agree with the rebate idea, I'm tired of this triple dipping for the same title, especially after stating that the current version is the best they can do (*cough* Warner *cough* Kubrick). I doubt I'll be getting the new one unless I find it REALLY cheap somewhere.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Has anyone heard anything more about this? I still dont see it showing up for preorder anywhere. October isnt that far away, and most of my October preorders are in and I want to place my order for this. TIA.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I noticed yesterday that Deep Discount DVD has this available for pre-order for a 10/22 release.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope it's a nice anamorphic transfer this time. Then I could finally add this guilty pleasure to my collection.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
A word of concern - a special edition of Stargate was release on R2 with the Director's Cut in anamorphic widescreen, but the inserted scenes were easily noticeable because of the inferior picture quality and sound for these particular scenes which they had not rectified.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
We really deserve a trade in policy on this title: I can recall reading Artisan giving some half-baked reasons why it couldnt be done, even as 16x9 versions started cropping up elsewhere in the world; And now-it seems it CAN be done.
Geeze, they must hope we have short memories...
Then they had the gall to release version 2, flat WS.
Version three would HAVE to be 16x9- there would be no other reason to rerelease it, since it appears to be nearly the same as SG, v.2, or so ive read.
But it would be nice if the fans who already own 1 or 2 versions of it could get a break on this 3rd-and hopefully, final version of STARGATE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks