What's new

Are there any games that stand out for surround sound? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
I just got a surround sound setup, so, I'm wondering what games I should use to try out my new setup. I have an Xbox and PS2.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Medal of Honor: Frontline sounds excellent. Halo is still one of the best that I have played. SOCOM is very impressive in Pro Logic II

-Dean-

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
If you have Pro-Logic II capabilities, Rogue Leader for the Gamecube sounds just as good as any true 5.1 encoded game I've heard.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing new here, but Halo, SOCOM and Medal of Honor: Frontline all sound great, whether its true Dolby Digital 5.1 (in Halo's case) or Dolby Pro Logic II (for SOCOM and Medal of Honor: Frontline.)

I have to admit, I have a hard time noticing any difference between the Xbox's real-time 5.1 capabilities and a quality DPLII implementation on one of the other systems.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
HALO! HALO! HALO! The final two stages alone are worth buying this game just for HT demo material, not to mention the rest of the game!When you have to cross the battlefield at the bottom of the canyon, where the Flood and Covenant are at war! You are making the way through the firefight, tanks firing at each other, Banshees flying overhead shooting at you!
That area of the game is one of the most intense and sound aggressive things ever.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Eternal Darkness and Rogue Leader for the Gamecube have very good surround sound. Eternal Darkness is just downright creepy at times.

For PS2, Wipeout Fusion has a fun surround mix. Kingdom Hearts isn't as aggressive, but it does have its moments.

I don't own an X-Box (yet), so I can't comment on that.

Damien

Supporting Actor
JSRF has a nice mix
Halo is by far the best, disappointed it hasn't been replicated
silent hill 2 sounds really cool at nightime.
then there's Moto GP, that is one of my favorite, it really feels like your on a moto track as all 20 bikes are mapped, and the thunder is just amazing
i would say morrowind if it supported custom soundtrack and had different voice overs
Sega GT is very solid

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Yep, Halo for sure. Madden 2003 on the X-Box sounds pretty good at times also. I'm currently waiting for Frontline to hit the X-Box, that's gonna rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks