What's new

Are LG OLED settings universal for all inputs? (1 Viewer)

seditious3

Grip
Real Name
Scott
I'm using the Spears and Munsil disk to calibrate my 65E6P. Will my new picture settings apply to all inputs?

Thanks!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Not unless you tell the display to specifically do so my selecting "Apply to all inputs" on the setup menu.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Not sure about current models, but for my 2015 model, I use different settings depending on whether I am watching a disc with HDR vs a regular signal without HDR. I watch regular signals from one HDMI input and HDR signals from another, with the different display settings associated with the inputs.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Is that generally the best move? I have fios as a TV provider.

If you're not switching video through an AVR best practice is to calibrate each input separately based on source device, since most will require different settings.

seditious3

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Not sure about current models, but for my 2015 model, I use different settings depending on whether I am watching a disc with HDR vs a regular signal without HDR. I watch regular signals from one HDMI input and HDR signals from another, with the different display settings associated with the inputs.

Thanks. But there isn't really much HDR content, right? So you use the same settings for blu-ray and cable?

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Thanks. But there isn't really much HDR content, right? So you use the same settings for blu-ray and cable?
I use that HDMI input whenever watching 4K UHD disks (of which I have several dozen). Everything else goes to the other HDMI input. I do use the same settings for satellite and blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks