What's new

are JBL Studio's considered "bright" or "warm"? (1 Viewer)

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Having speakers on shelves is not ideal but a good compromise with my wife considering she is putting up with 7 not so small speakers in the room ( especially the tempests!). I run the LR speakers through an equalizer and tamed most of the muddying affect from bookshelf placement and I am pretty happy with the setup.
Joseph -

Could you share with use the equalizer settings you are using? I am also using S-38's on bookshelfs and am interested in what you did.

Thanks!

Mark

Joseph Sabato

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

After taking some response cuves at the listening position with the subs off, I cut the 125 Hz band by 2 Db and the 250 Hz band by 4, that took most of the hump out. A parametric equalizer would work better, but this made a noticeable improvement. I could not affect the center since I only have a 2 Ch equalizer.

Each setup will be somewhat different; my listening position is near a rear wall which will tend to epmphasize the room modes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks