What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just took a quick look at seats sold at my local IMAX for Thursday and Friday shows and was surprised to see less then a dozen or so for each performance. Yikes.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just took a quick look at seats sold at my local IMAX for Thursday and Friday shows and was surprised to see less then a dozen or so for each performance. Yikes.

I will probably see it at the Lincoln Square IMAX over here in NYC, but no real desire to rush it and fight any crowds or anything like that -- probably hold off til a following weekday matinee or something... although I suppose I could try a matinee this Friday, if I feel upto it (after probably going for a 3-film marathon on Wed of Wonka in Dolby Cinema possibly sandwiched between Eileen? and Poor Things at the Times Square AMC :P)...

_Man_

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
"There will be no red carpet premiere for “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom”, no afterparty, just a small pre-reception and "fan screening” for James Wan’s film."

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
"There will be no red carpet premiere for “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom”, no afterparty, just a small pre-reception and "fan screening” for James Wan’s film."

Not very encouraging. 🤔

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If this fails to do respectable business, so soon after The Marvels, critics will be writing the epitaph of the superhero movie. Pretty sure that only Deadpool 3 is on track for 2024 from either Marvel or DC Studios, so 2025 will be considered the comeback year, assuming that Superman, the Fantastic Four and Captain America can get audiences back.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If this fails to do respectable business, so soon after The Marvels, critics will be writing the epitaph of the superhero movie.
People can write whatever they want, but it's all about context. As the last grasp of the decade-old DCEU before a reboot, this movie is in a very different position from The Marvels.
Pretty sure that only Deadpool 3 is on track for 2024 from either Marvel or DC Studios
DC has the sequel to Joker next October. It exists in its own continuity.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just checked the opening Thursday evening showing for the Imax and Dolby Cinema showings, and it appears to be tracking at 1/3 capacity at best in my local area screenings. Pretty dreadful. Plus the short 15-second commercials on TV is showing how little $$$ WB wants to put into the marketing of Aq2.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even I'm not going on opening night for AQ2 (I rarely miss super-hero movies on their usual Thursday night openings), but gonna eat a ton of KBBQ tonight instead, and that is more appetizing than a viewing of AQ2 that's not lighting the world on fire.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Currently at 39%

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just got back from this and the best part of the movie is when they started playing Wonka by mistake and I had to go tell the ushers. This was clearly my least favorite DCEU film.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Warner releases 3D discs for new theatrical titles domestically through Warner Archive, generally around the $25 price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koala
Recent bookmarks