What's new

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Wan

Cast: Jason Momoa, Nicole Kidman, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Dolph Lundgren, Temuera Morrison, Indya Moore, Randall Park, Willem Dafoe, Pilou Asbæk, Jani Zhao, Vincent Regan, Michael Keaton

Release: 2023-12-22

Plot: When an ancient power is unleashed, Aquaman must forge an uneasy alliance with an unlikely ally to protect Atlantis, and the world, from irreversible devastation.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Warner and DC can't seem to catch a break. Many reports are out today that say they will recast Amber Heard in Aquaman 2. (Is there a thread for that movie? Couldn't find one. Anyway, it's relevant to this discussion.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
All of those reports are citing the same internet gossip site that is not a legitimate journalistic outlet.

I mean, never say never, but I think it’s highly unlikely that Warner would recast a role for which the current actress has already made two* successful appearances in the role (*three if you count “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” which isn’t considered canon to the character’s storyline), for which all photography has been completed for the upcoming installment.

The last Aquaman film made over a billion dollars at the box office. The Twitter trolls claiming they would boycott a follow-up film featuring Heard are insignificant in number relative to the overall size of the audience that the film is being marketed to.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
All of those reports are citing the same internet gossip site that is not a legitimate journalistic outlet.

I mean, never say never, but I think it’s highly unlikely that Warner would recast a role for which the current actress has already made two* successful appearances in the role (*three if you count “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” which isn’t considered canon to the character’s storyline), for which all photography has been completed for the upcoming installment.

The last Aquaman film made over a billion dollars at the box office. The Twitter trolls claiming they would boycott a follow-up film featuring Heard are insignificant in number relative to the overall size of the audience that the film is being marketed to.
I hope you’re right. Personally, I’d hate to see her recast. I paid no attention to the thing with her and Depp (because, y’know, life is more important) and I don’t care. I thought she was okay as Mera, and I’m all for keeping the cast intact whenever possible.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If Warner Bros. decided to cut Amber Heard from Aquaman, it would be all over the Hollywood industry trade websites such as Deadline, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and The Wrap as a huge story. They are not currently reporting this. If they report it, then I would believe it. But they haven't. So I don't believe it right now.

Also, as Josh pointed out, the film completed principal photography already. It would require a lot more effort on WB's part to reassemble the cast and crew for reshoots to take out Heard as opposed to if the movie was still in production. When Johnny Depp was replaced as Grindelwald, it was at the very beginning of production for The Secrets of Dumbledore and he had only filmed one scene at that point. So the cast and crew were all gathered in one place anyway because they had the majority of the movie left to shoot and redoing one scene with Mads Mikkelson probably amounted to a day or two. That's a very different situation to reassembling everyone else after the fact, which is what they would have to do now.

Is it possible? Sure.

Is it likely? Probably not.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
(Is there a thread for that movie? Couldn't find one. Anyway, it's relevant to this discussion.)
I looked too. There wasn't one and should be, so I just went ahead and created one. It is up now.

I will leave it to the moderators to decide whether they would like to move the recent Amber Heard discussion into that thread or not.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I looked too. There wasn't one and should be, so I just went ahead and created one. It is up now.

I will leave it to the moderators to decide whether they would like to move the recent Amber Heard discussion into that thread or not.
Posts about Amber Heard have been moved!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
First look at promo art

F0b7umrWIAEGAx2

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Shouldn't there be a trailer for this at some point soon?

I'm surprised WB didn't attach one to The Flash considering how high they were on the movie before it opened.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
First trailer? I think...maybe?

Streaming the trailer on a computer from YouTube...the CG looks terrible to me. Maybe it'll look better on the movie screen.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
"The Flash" was actually pretty damn good, but got creamed at the box office. "Aquaman 2" is going to stink, and it's likely to make a lot of money. No justice in the world.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnthinkableSol
Recent bookmarks