What's new

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There should be a list of categories on the left side.
Including FandangoNow Movies and FandangoNow TV

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Streaming stick View attachment 69419 plus. So if I have already purchased Fandango Now movies they show up in the Roku app?
That is one of the models that requires installing the FandangoNow app. You should be able to install by going to Streaming Channels/Search and type fa. It should be at the top of the list.
20200307_151005.jpg
Roku Premiere comes with FN pre-installed as the native movie store.

The Premiere is a nice cheap unit and works well with universal remotes (it's IR based). The downside is its a single band Wifi.

The Streaming Stick+ is a better unit because it is dual band. The downside is that the remote is RF based and does not work with most universal remotes. It is also an older model than Premiere, and thus does not have FN natively.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Where did you purchase the Roku? Models from Wal-Mart have FN capability removed.
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/FandangoNow-Movie-Store/td-p/508526
That's weird. I got my Roku from Walmart, and the Fandango Now channel shows up just fine:
roku_withFandangoNow_20200307_185525.jpg

It’s not in their search @Todd Erwin its unpurchaseable
Try going to Settings from the left side menu, then Home screen, and see if there's an option to show/hide Movie Store and TV Store

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When I was living in Florida last year, I bought a 32 inch Roku TV and was able to Download the apple TV App , Before I moved back to South Carolina in 2020, I Gave the TV to my roommate's kids because I have 3 TVs in storage. The Roku TV I Now have has all of my apps on it but I am unable to locate or re download the apple TV App

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
When I was living in Florida last year, I bought a 32 inch Roku TV and was able to Download the apple TV App , Before I moved back to South Carolina in 2020, I Gave the TV to my roommate's kids because I have 3 TVs in storage. The Roku TV I Now have has all of my apps on it but I am unable to locate or re download the apple TV App

Not all Roku devices are compatible with the Apple TV app. I can't find a list of the ones that are but if it's a TV you had in storage I'm betting it's not...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Was not aware of the AppleTV app before.

How's its performance now (both UI responsiveness and PQ/AQ)? Still buggy? All features working fine?

I have a 1st(?) gen Roku Premiere Plus model 4630x (w/ RF remote).

Thanks!

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Was not aware of the AppleTV app before.

How's its performance now (both UI responsiveness and PQ/AQ)? Still buggy? All features working fine?

I have a 1st(?) gen Roku Premiere Plus model 4630x (w/ RF remote).

Thanks!

_Man_
The app works much better than when first introduced. There were bugs where it would not show all the titles in your library, but you could still play the titles if you searched for them. Those bugs seem to be fixed. The app is a little slow to load on the Roku Premiere 4K in our master bedroom (the unit we use the app on the most), but once the app loads everything works fine.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It works fine, but audio is still limited to Dolby Digital 5.1 (no plus or Atmos) and no way to access special features.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
After updating the app, I can confirm that Atmos has been enabled on both my Roku Streaming Stick+ and Premiere devices. Still waiting for access to special features, though, and both of my Fire Stick 4K devices are still limited to 5.1 audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks