What's new

Apple TV 4K official (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The atv has this Watch Now feature which I like. If you’ve started something on Netflix and Prime, for example, those programs will show up in this common listing until you finish them. Ah, but that’s the rub. I sampled a tv series on Prime and I’m not interested in continuing with it. How do I remove it from Watch Now?

One more question. The atv has settings for audio and video and I was wondering of anyone would be willing what settings they are using?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I answered my first question myself. I went into Prime and there I found if I pressed select and held it, it could remove it from Prime’s watch list. Returned to atv and it was still there but pressed select and held it, and I have to option to remove. It’s been bugging me.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I had to reboot via setting on Friday and Saturday to get the atv to connect. Twice on Saturday and the second time was an unplug reboot.

No reply from apple from my email. Too soon for the snail mail version, I guess.
This sounds far worse than anything my mom seems to have experienced (we are talking maybe once every few weeks). And for me with the 4K aTV, maybe once in it's lifetime. I'd be very upset dealing with this on a daily basis. And if Apple wants you to plug directly into the TV than why the ^&((^*?!! did they get rid of the aTV's TOSlink??

Note that both of us do have it directly plugged into the TV with ARC (Audio Return Channel TOSlink output) back to the receiver for audio in my case and HomePod stereo in my mom's case.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I updated the software to 12.0 for Atmos.

Some glitches I’ve encountered are films that should be in Atmos are playing in 7.1 and even 5.1.

Also some 4K purchases are only showing up as HD. Like the two Now You See Me films.

Anyone else encountering glitches?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So I updated the software to 12.0 for Atmos.

Some glitches I’ve encountered are films that should be in Atmos are playing in 7.1 and even 5.1.

Also some 4K purchases are only showing up as HD. Like the two Now You See Me films.

Anyone else encountering glitches?
What film titles not playing Atmos? I'll check the Now You See Me films later on.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What film titles not playing Atmos? I'll check the Now You See Me films later on.
A bunch.
Man Of Steel
Alien Covenant
Now You See Me(but now shows as 4K)
The Equalizer
Fury
Independence Day Resurgence
Jumanji 2017

That’s a few.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This morning I spent hours on both Vudu and iTunes going through various 4K/UHD titles. I found that most Sony titles that are 4K/UHD on iTunes don't actually play in Dolby Atmos, though that spec. is listed in the iTunes description.

Baby Driver
Bridge on the River Kwai
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Dark Tower
The Equalizer
Fury
Jumanji
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Man in Black
Peter Rabbit
Passengers
Life
Spider-Man (All six films)
Starship Troopers

Some miscellaneous Warner, Fox, Paramount, Universal and Lionsgate titles also don't have Dolby Atmos even though it's in the iTunes description.

Sully
San Andreas
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad (Extended Cut)
Pacific Rim Uprising
Lucy
The Martian
Ghost in the Shell
The Commuter
The Hurricane Heist
Independence Day Insurgence
Monster Trucks

Then I found titles that don't actually have Dolby Atmos on iTunes, yet they play with Dolby Atmos using the Vudu application on iTunes. As you can see, we have some repeaters from the above two lists.

Avengers Movies (all 3 titles)
Spider-Man (All six films)
CoCo
Wonder Woman
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Black Panther
Thor: Ragnorak
Lucy
A Wrinkle in Time
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Rampage
Only the Brave
San Andreas
Jumanji
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
The Dark Tower
Ghost in the Shell
Baby Driver
Pacific Rim Uprising

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hopefully this is all part of the beta testing and will be resolved when the 12.0 update rolls out to everyone.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Keynote is the 12th, expectation is for new phones and hardware to ship on the 21st. Apple has been releasing OS upgrades a few days prior to those launches recently. So maybe the 18th?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I think you're on the right track Sam, although they did push out another Mojave Public Beta (#9) this morning.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anyone have any of their iTunes-purchased movies go missing? Or have movies that were playable in 4K HDR suddenly become available only in HD?

Read this article and its followup article below:

Apple Is Deleting Bought Films From iTunes Accounts - And Don't Expect A Refund

Apple Responds to Disappearing iTunes Movie Purchases Issue

And people laugh at Blu-ray collectors for buying "obsolete" shiny discs.

Mark
Man, we've been discussing those two articles in 2-3 other threads over the entire weekend.:)

By the way, I've had plenty of HD movies suddenly become available in 4K HDR.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...-anymore-movies-on-blu-ray-but.358595/page-10

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...d-from-library-cant-re-download.327026/page-3

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...res-are-accelerating-the-death.356448/page-20

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And it turns out that the person who that happened to moved to a different country or something and not all of the movies followed over when switching countries in iTunes. It wasn't a typical situation.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Also I fixed my issue. I assumed you set the ATV to DV. Not so. Set to 4k HDR and match HDR and refresh. Works great, switches to DV as needed

I remain confused by this. Why would Apple ask me to enable DV when doing so causes the system menus to all freak out?

THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks