What's new

Anyone remember DiGRASSI JR. HIGH? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd love to see this on DVD. The scripts and acting were occasionally a bit forced, but it was an insightful series with likable characters. It did for teens what WONDER YEARS did for pre-adolescents.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Yup, I remember growing up watching this show. I loved it. I even had a pre-adolescent crush on Caitlin (I think that was her name). lol. I've seen a couple of episodes of 'Degrassi: The Next Generation', and I think it does a good job of capturing the essence of the original series. I liked how it touched on a vast array of teen issues including teen pregnancy, unprotected sex, right down to zits. lol. If this ever saw the light of day on DVD, I'd probably grab it. It'd be a nice trip down memory lane.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
"Everybody wants somethin' for nothin' it's true!"

Long live "The Zit Remedy!"

They were repeating these on showcase for a while, and we had a hoot re-watching them. I'd probably pick up Degrassi Jr. High, but Degrassi High was not as good IMO, although Wheels hitting the road to find his brother and almost getting asaulted by a guy in a rusty brown car was pretty funny. (Well, we thought it was funny in re-runs.)

James T

Screenwriter
I'd probably get the full series(jr/high). I've seen all the episodes, but again, the episode I didn't see was the finale movie(School's Out). They used to show it on CBC/Showcase a lot(and I still missed it), but they stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks