What's new

Anyone regretting getting Xbox? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hi! I just purchased an Xbox and haven't opened it yet because I'm still not 100% sure that I made the right decision. I was just wondering if anyone has regretted getting his or her Xbox and why or if everyone is perfectly satisfied with it. Thanks for any response!

Rob

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Nope! I have been in love with the system since I got it. The 5.1 sound during gameplay is beyond awesome. Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Oddworld and Max Payne are all excellent titles that I have been playing pretty consistently.( I finally beat Halo!!woohoo!)
Open it up and get to playing my friend. You wont be sorry:)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have to agree with Romier. I love my Xbox as well and, I've had the very recent chance to get a 1st hand view of it's easy superiority over the PS2.

My girlfriend got me Half-Life for the PS2 for Xmas. I haven't played this since I beat it on it's 1st week out on the PC. Loved it then and, it's still one of THE best fps' ever.

I've been playing it for a day or 2 now and, even though it's had the high def pack that came out for it on the PC, it still doesn't approach the level that the Xbox is able to pump out with Halo.

I realize you could use Metal Gear Solid II as a comparison and, MGS2 is pretty damn killer when it comes to graphics BUT...

...there's just something to be said for a game where I'm standing alone in a hallway, listening to a creature come up from behind me to my rear left, then circle around to my front left then center, realizing it's coming down the hall toward me, then lobbing a plasma grenade onto it's head as it comes around the corner, listening to it shriek in terror 'cause it knows it's dead, watching it run back down the hall, right into the group of his alien buddies standing around, hearing the elite leader growl in anger 'cause he knows the stupid little idiot alien just brought back a high explosive into the group attached to his head, hearing the explosion and feeling the shake from my sub, walking down the hall into the room where they "used" to be, seeing the alien blood splatter all over the walls/floor and thinking to myself, "wow, those bump mapped walls are so pretty!

You just don't get than on anything else right now...period.

I really didn't think there'd be that big of a difference between the 'Box and the PS2. That is, until I became spoiled by the XBox's technical level.

Besides, I just love home theater and, there is no arguement for any of the other consoles when it comes to audio and the XBox. It's king. End of story...

David Head

Second Unit
Well said Derrik! True 5.1 audio makes a BIG difference in realism. I have been having a ball with my XBox even since I got it. I don't regret my decision one bit...

David

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Agreed. The X-Box is THE system to own if you have a serious home theater set-up. Open that X-Box up, plug in the HD pack, run it in progressive scan mode and widescreen if you can, turn up the DD 5.1 system and give DOA3 & Halo a spin. That should be enough to convince any home theater buff that they have the right gaming machine hooked up.
And it is only going to get better from here. :D

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Well let me be the first in this thread to emphatically state that I regret my XBox purchase. Games like Max Payne and Halo have made it very difficult for me to make productive use of my spare time. Bills pile up, laundry waits, dishes sit, yet the XBox plays on. Bad purchase indeed.

Kip

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I dont have an Xbox, and dont think will get it in the near future, but i went to my cousin's house to play, HALO is just awesome... The gameplay of it is astounding, it makes you want to hide and actually try to survive rather than just kamakazi-ing into the monsters like I do with most FPS :p)

I was too impatient to go thru the cutscenes because i could only stay there for the afternoon :p)

BUt halo in itself is awesome, and with all the games coming out in the future, i dont think you should hesitate..

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Sure, you don't have to have a HT setup to enjoy it. It just really hit hard how awesome DOA 3 was in the HT as opposed to seeing it on those Microsoft kiosks. It was so much better then I was expecting. My TV never looked so good ...even with progressive DVD. The color depth and complete lack of noise on the games is really something on a big HT setup.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Nick,

You mention the games coming in the future. What are some good or great games to look forward to. The only one I've found that seems really interesting is Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Rob

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Robert, we are getting the best of the PS2 games, including GTA 3 and some sort of version of MGS. Sega exclusives: Jet Grind Radio future, Shenmue II, and others. Of course the wonderful looking Project EGO. Then there's Wreckless, The Yakuza Missions, Blood Wake, Soul Calibur 2, and basically tons of PS2 ports, many of which will be slightly better on XBox than on other systems (especially because they can take advantage of the hard drive).

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I have had a PS2 since launch, bought a Gamecube a fews day after launch. I agonized over getting an XBOX and finally bought one for my self with my Xmas bonus money. I got DOA3 and the HD pack as a gift from my girlfriend. After playing DOA3 a few times I can tell you it's the real deal(all hail Bill Gates). The visuals are so astounding. I still love my PS2 for the the great games it has like GT3 and MGS2 to name a few but the Cube and RL have been sitting collecting dust. I will keep the XBOX and PS2 and most likely get rid of my Cube. It's a nice console but I like the game lineup of the other 2 better. Please don't scorn my decision...I do not wish to incite a flame war.

Randy

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I don't regret my Xbox purchase, but I will say that it is gathering dust right now. I bought DoA3, Halo, and PGR at launch (sold PGR), and of the two games that I have left I rarely play them.

My time is being taken up more by my Gamecube and PS2 (Pikmin, SSB:Melee, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry)

Once some more games that interest me start coming out for Xbox though, I'm sure this will all change and it will be the PS2 and Gamecube that are gathering dust.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't have an X-Box, but thought I would say that I'm jealous of the people who are getting better versions of games like GTA3 on it and who are getting some exclusive games like Shenmue (though most of Sega's games are only 6 months exclusive and will most likely end up on PS2 and/or GCN).

I plan to get one in the future since it would make a lovely addition to the Scootplex.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Xbox games in the future i look foreward to (even though i dont have an Xbox):

THE MATRIX!

GTA3

SegaGT 2002

RalliSport Challenge

JetGrindRadio Future

Shenmue2

Thats all i can think of for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks