What's new

Anyone own/thinking about buying a massage chair? (1 Viewer)

Jason L.

Second Unit
I've come to believe that stress is a major factor in one's health - especially after reading about the study which shows that the British are healthier than us even though they smoke more, drink more, spend 1/2 as much on health care, and exercise less. Plus, they have to live with that god awful weather.

http://www.theolympian.com/apps/pbcs...ING03/60502055

After spending a lot of time in airports recently, there always seems to be a store selling massage chairs. I'm thinking about getting one. There seems to be a panasonic model I like, but I know nothing about them.

Does anyone have any insight to these? Do they break down ofter? Are they expensive to repair? How heavy are they? Can I move one by myself?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm assuming you're thinking of going the whole nine yards and getting the full chair; which are probably expensive.

Consider getting one of those chair "additions" first and see if you like it enough to go for the real deal. You can get a pretty decent one for about $100. My wife has one and she likes it.

Jason L.

Second Unit
I want a whole massage chair, not just a pad that you put on a chair. I have one of those Homedics massage pads, and it is just OK. I like the chair because it hits you all over - especially the calves.

I want something like the Spine Melter 3000 that Homer Simpson bought.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
You can try that Sharper Image chair out at their stores. It really does feel like a bunch of hands massaging you (which I find kind of creepy).

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
This is an old thread but I am bumping it because now I am in the market for a chair. My money is limited and from the few opinions I have found online the I Joy seems to rate pretty good for the money. Does anyone have one of these chairs and can they give me their experience with them. I'm not sure of a local place that I can go and test one out.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Maybe I should try this another way. Does anyone have any experience they can provide on picking out a chair before I buy one off of the net. My budget is limited so online seems to be my best bet.

rodneyani

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney Aniston
Even I am looking to buy one that is affordable, and low on maintenance. All the replies on this thread are very old, so I am hoping that someone might help me out with the decision. I really like the massage chairs from osim. They look compact and comfortable as well. Please suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks