What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark-P said:
Don't you already own the feature-laden DVD? If so, then you don't need the extras. I'm perfectly content stuffing the DVDs into the Blu-ray case and having the best of everything. :)
Same here!

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
I already have the Vault Disney steelbook DVD for "Swiss Family Robinson", so I'd be more than happy to simply add the upcoming blu-ray for upgrading the picture itself to an HD restoration...it's all good, IMO!!!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Mark-P said:
Don't you already own the feature-laden DVD? If so, then you don't need the extras. I'm perfectly content stuffing the DVDs into the Blu-ray case and having the best of everything. :)
Ditto. I have the Special Edition Tin from DMC of SFR. This Blu release announcement is a Godsend.

Now if I could just get the Blu-ray case into the tin...

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
stevenHa said:
Where did you see the announcement for Return to Oz and Swiss Family ?

In the other forum someone posted scans from next month's mailer. I think he must work for the printer or something to always get this information early.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
After Polyanna was released I joined (completed, cancelled, and rejoined) the DMC just for the hope of picking up titles like SFR on blu-ray. Of course it also allowed me to upgrade 20+ Disney DVD's to blu-ray at around $9 each, but the real goal was to not miss out on some favorites of the past as they get blu-ray exclusives. However I never expected one of my top four favorite titles (likely to be released as exclusives) to come out so quickly. After this I will just need 20,000 Leagues, Parent Trap, and Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow. This is great news.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just watched the HD streaming version of "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" on iTunes last week, and if that's any indication, when/if they do a Blu-ray, it should look spectacular. (I definitely have my fingers crossed!)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I say, bring on THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN, which has always looked abysmal on video. Great family film with an edge, and a terrific animal story. Beautiful James Horner score as well. Criminally neglected by its parent company.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark-P said:
Yes I do but I would rather replace the DVD instead of adding another disc. I prefer to get rid of previous versions when a Blu arrives. I don't understand why Disney does not port over the extras they entertained us with with their DVD releases. I guess it's just a personal thing with me.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What if you want the commentary and the HD picture at the same time? The Pollyanna commentary was quite good. David Swift said he wanted to cut the bazaar sequence in half but Walt overruled him. Hayley Mills compared working for Walt favorably to working for the New Regime that was already in place when she came back for Parent Trap II, III and Hawaiian Honeymoon, and the prototype of The Thing That Killed Saturday Morning Cartoons On NBC*.

*Most people refer to it as Saved by the Bell. When Disney had a hand it and Hayley was a teacher, they called it Good Morning, Miss Bliss. I was watching Looney Tunes over on ABC. Besides, Nick at Nite already spoiled it for me with Dobie Gillis reruns.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
MatthewA said:
Hayley Mills compared working for Walt favorably to working for the New Regime that was already in place when she came back for Parent Trap II+ and the prototype of The Thing That Killed Saturday Morning Cartoons On NBC.

(Chip & Pepper?)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Even though they are not up for sale yet, the artwork is up on the club site (hidden links).

1264760.jpg
1264750.jpg

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I would like a clarification please.

I am not a member of DMC, however I am interested in a few of these 'exclusives'.

From reading this forum, it appears that these titles can't be used for either the 5 for a $1 or for the three required (commitment) purchases. Is this correct?

So, in order to purchase these titles, you will need to buy at least eight other titles (with at least six initially). Is this also correct?

And also, to even have these titles available, when joining up, you need to call in - you can't see them online. Correct?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The exclusives are available for the enrollment titles though a bit of YMMV, Calling in I know several people who have gotten all 6 exclusives. 4 of the exclusives are availalbe even on the website enrollment site -- click the Exclusives box on the left side of the page.

They shouldn't be available for at least the last 2 Fulfillment titles due to their price though I think if you get one of them for your 6th title (11.95) it will count as your first commitment title -- assuming you use the 3 commitment promo code

So in theory you could call in and get all 6 exclusives in the intial enrollment for 12.95 (possibly add some 7th item for 8.95 non-commitment) and only need to buy 2 other 29.95 titles to fulfil your enrollment.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David Weicker said:
I would like a clarification please.

I am not a member of DMC, however I am interested in a few of these 'exclusives'.

From reading this forum, it appears that these titles can't be used for either the 5 for a $1 or for the three required (commitment) purchases. Is this correct?

So, in order to purchase these titles, you will need to buy at least eight other titles (with at least six initially). Is this also correct?

And also, to even have these titles available, when joining up, you need to call in - you can't see them online. Correct?

David,

I believe you cannot get those titles as intros. I think there are only select titles you can order as introductory purchases from the Disney page.

What someone could TRY doing is getting the order number off these exclusives and plugging them into the introductory form. I kind of doubt this can be done, but worth trying.

Another problem is, buying these titles does NOT count towards your obligation agreement. So, I didn't start buying them until after I finished my obligation and where I was able to get one for half price with every full price purchase.

Finally, only club members can see these titles listed online as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks