What's new
World Wide Stereo

Anyone in DC area want to help build HT? (possible pay/barter) (1 Viewer)

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a house in Alexandria and have a 21 x 15.5 x 10 perfect enclosed rectangle (except for hallway width entry in right rear corner) that I need to turn into a home theater. It's the first time I have a real HT room not only in that its dedicated but that I also don't have some horrible dimensions/angles/openings.

So now its time to build the real home theater I've always wanted (or at least what I can afford now). But buying the house, etc I can't afford to pay someone to do it the right way, so I have to do it myself. Anyone in the DC area interested in helping for subs? and/or a friendly/industry accomodation rate? Preferably only people who are in the industry and/or have real/good experience doing this.

Also anyone got any sweet deals on home theater seats? Used or new, singles or couches. I would also do barter deals with subs if someone were so inclined.

Any advice also appreciated.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Erik,

You're moving to an area that is keeping the custom installation crowd very busy AND that is quite affluent. You're not likely to find a professional company that is willing to barter, especially over a public forum. I suggest that you contact some companies in the area and see if they are interested in what you have to offer. Welcome to the area (I'm in Oak Hill) and good luck in your new home.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
im sorry i cant help ... if i had knowhow and skills and was in the area i'd happily help. its allways good to make new friends

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Well I didn't think I'd get a custom installer company to work for free or barter but was hoping maybe a smaller AV store owner or someone who had built their own home theater would be willing to help another HTphile out.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
You asked for people with industry experience. That would be a custom installer. ;) There aren't many smaller shops in the area and they tend to cater to the high-end crowd. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks