What's new

Anyone have experience with these ports? (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Since I got my PE amp for sale recently, I have been itching to build a second Tempest sub. All I have to get is another sheet of MDF, ports, some glue and extras, and the Tempest itself.
When purchasing the components for my first sub, I was a little uneased by buying (2)FP3s from Adire for $40. (!)
They are good. I like em a lot. Easy to use. Just pricey for ports.
So I saw these at PartsExpress. They look very similar. Same size, flared, and they seem to be the exact same thing.
I was looking into these because they only cost $12 a piece instead of $20 from Adire.
Are these the same? Has anyone heard of them or had experience with them? Should I get them?

AlexKunec

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, they are basically the same thing.

Might want to consider getting a single 4" flared port.

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
While I haven't had experience with that port, it is the one I will be using in my Dayton 15" DVC subwoofer that I am slowly building. I belive it has been used by a few others on this site.

BTW, ordering from the US and living in Ontario, Canada really sucks from an expense and time perspective (the shipping on that $12 port, an $8 set of speaker terminals and a $11 grill was $20!!!! But thats my fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks