Anyone have experience with these ports?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Simonian, May 18, 2002.

1. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Since I got my PE amp for sale recently, I have been itching to build a second Tempest sub. All I have to get is another sheet of MDF, ports, some glue and extras, and the Tempest itself.
    When purchasing the components for my first sub, I was a little uneased by buying (2)FP3s from Adire for $40. (!)
    They are good. I like em a lot. Easy to use. Just pricey for ports.
    So I saw these at PartsExpress. They look very similar. Same size, flared, and they seem to be the exact same thing.
    I was looking into these because they only cost $12 a piece instead of $20 from Adire.
    Are these the same? Has anyone heard of them or had experience with them? Should I get them?

2. AlexKunec

AlexKunec Stunt Coordinator

Yes, they are basically the same thing.

Might want to consider getting a single 4" flared port.

3. Robin Smith

Robin Smith Stunt Coordinator

While I haven't had experience with that port, it is the one I will be using in my Dayton 15" DVC subwoofer that I am slowly building. I belive it has been used by a few others on this site.

BTW, ordering from the US and living in Ontario, Canada really sucks from an expense and time perspective (the shipping on that $12 port, an $8 set of speaker terminals and a $11 grill was $20!!!! But thats my fault.

4. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Alright then.
    Thats all I needed to hear. Ill have to pick up a pair soon.
    Thanks a lot. [​IMG]