What's new

Anyone catch Real Life on Mtv today-About the video game champs (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was flipping channels while watching the NCAA tourney selection show and MTV had a show about video games champs for pac-man, Unreal Tourney 2003, some golf arcade game golden tee and so on. Was pretty intresting. I thought i played a lot of video games. These guys are crazy. The funny thing is I think i played one of the guys in another game before

capt

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Yeah I saw that show too. The Pac-Man guy freaked me out. :) I knew there were people totally obsessed with games, but some of those guys where down right nuts. I think the guy who came home on his lunch break to play games and ended up being an hour late back to work was pretty bad. I think they said he only gets like 2 hours of sleep a night. Which one of the guys did you play with?

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting. I've read about Billy the Pacman king before, but was not expecting him to be like that. I'm betting he puts out a book called "Zen and the Art of Pacman".

You know, I like having a lot video game stuff around, but there is no way I would want to live in the pigsty apartment all those guys shared.

btw - How do you play a FPS for 16 hours a day without getting carpel tunnel?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
On G4, they run promos during the commerical breaks of video game record holders. I've seen three so far: a Tomb Raider 2 Obstacle Course fastest time record holder, an SSX top score record holder, and the fastest time from a parking challenge from a Sega trucking game (American Pro 18 Wheeler I think). They show footage of the record setting performance with running commentary from the record holder and small factoids running across the bottom of the screen.

The Tomb Raider guy says something like "when I started in video game competitions, it was a geek's passion". It always make me laugh. I hate to tell ya, buddy... :D

Dave.A.C

Agent
All I can say is, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Billy and his skin tight Wranglers to rock the world with his latest video game stunt. I haven't slept since I saw the show, with his teasers about topping the perfect game of Pac-Man. I didn't think anybody could top that.

Ok, actually I didn't know that there was such a thing as playing a perfect game of Pac-Man. And the world his future stunt will rock is made up of about 3 of his closest friends. Strange cat.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
We already saw Billy's next big thing. It's hot wing sauce. I was hoping it would be something along the lines of beating Morrowind in one sitting.

Be a teenager.
You better be careful. In my teen years, I could be gaming on my PC twelve hours a day. Now, my wrist starts hurting after 30 minutes of Unreal. That's the main reason I play more console now...

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
i think mr pacman's trick is to play the 2 perfect games of pacman w/his right nad left hand at the same time..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks