What's new

Anybody reading "The Historian" (1 Viewer)

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Just got this book earlier in the week after seeing a blurb on upcoming summer books. I'm only about a hundred pages into it so far. Hopefully I can make more of a dent this weekend. I am enjoying it so far. The pace is very measured but is interesting enough to keep you turning pages (at least for me). Anyone else reading The Historian

Kenneth

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I picked it up as did a friend from work. I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. This weekend is a busy one so I expect to begin next week.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I went to an Elizabeth Kostova book signing last night at Borders so I have a nice signed copy waiting to be read this weekend. I'm hoping it will live up to expectations.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
On the waiting list at my local library. Only 27 people ahead of me, but the book hasn't even been processed yet (labeled, stamped, etc) to be checked out. :frowning:

The book sounds really interesting, but I can't remember the last time I purchased a book without having read it first or it being part of a series (like Anita Blake, for instance). Hardbacks are just too expensive nowadays to be bought sight unseen.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm approaching the half way mark and the book is still strong (in my opinion). The pace has definitely picked up in the second part which I am now reading. My schedule will be a little hectic today (I want to hit Batman Returns, need to do some shopping, and need to work on a presentation for work). However, I am hopeful I can make it through the second part into the third part by tonight (alas I am not the fastest reader in the world).

So far the book appears to be living up to the hype. We'll see how it goes as I get closer to the finish.

Cheers,

Kenneth

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Just finished it. I did enjoy it, although the ending seemed a little abrupt after building to it for so long. When some others finish we can compare notes. I won't discuss anything yet so I don't ruin anything for those reading. Guess I'll have to start "The Rule of Four" while I wait the month until Harry Potter #6.

Cheers,

Kenneth

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the comments Kenneth. I've been meaening to pick this up, can't wait to get it started.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
One caution though, I enjoyed it and the extended narrative worked for me (could've been a little tighter but didn't exceed my patience quota). However, this is definitely not a novel for the patience impaired. The story unfolds at a measured but somewhat leisurely pace (especially at the start). I found myself comfortably moving through the narrative but it might be too slow for some. Just want to make sure I lay all the cards on the table :)

Kenneth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks