What's new

Any word on "Scavenger Hunt"? (1 Viewer)

DanHaya

Second Unit
With the passing of Tony Randall this week, it reminded me of what a funny movie "Scavenger Hunt" is. Unfortunately, it's not available on DVD (if it was, it's long OOP). I haven't even seen it on tv in ages! Does anyone have any info on what the status of this film is regarding a DVD release?

Thanks!

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
AFAIK, Scavenger Hunt has never been released on DVD nor been mentioned as a future title. I have been kicking myself in recent years for forgetting to mention the title during HTF chats with Peter Staddon. I would love to see it, but have a feeling that:

1. the source materials are not in good shape (the colors were quite faded in the broadcast masters during the 80s IIRC) and

2. the negotiations with the actors (and actor's estates, since many of the core stars have passed) will be complicated (the cast was HUGE).

Hopefully Fox can find a way to get this very silly and entertaining film out on DVD soon. I'll take a barebones release if necessary.

DanHaya

Second Unit
I thought I'd bring this thread back to life and ask again if anyone knows if Fox is planning to release this any time soon? It's a hilarious movie with an all-star cast and deserves a bare-bones OAR release at the very least!

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
You know, I still fight back a tear each time I walk by the bargain racks at Wal-Mart and Best Buy and see all the rotten films that have been released on DVD, while this particular rotten film which I so heartily enjoy languishes somewhere...

Please, someone, somewhere, find a way to put this out on DVD in OAR, and I'll buy ten!

Mother says I shouldn't get too excited, I might have an attack...

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Is that even an issue? Unlike music rights, I would think that actor's residuals were part of any original contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks