What's new

Any reason NOT to get this TV? (27" Samsung HDTV) (1 Viewer)

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
My parents are considering getting this 27" Samsung HDTV from Circuit City.

They are no where near as demanding as I am by means of image quality or performance. They just want something bigger and clearer to watch TV (we will probably get Comcast HDTV) and the occasional DVD on.

Are there any known problems with this TV or any reason NOT to get it?

BTW: Yes, I will calibrate it for them.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
well, my Samsung 42" RPTV locks into 16x9 with progressive material. Personally I like that, but thats just me. I've always had good luck with samsung tvs.

Johnny

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
I'm gonna give this a bump. Hopefully a couple opinions will arise from people who know what they are talking about unlike the idiots who post on circuitcity.com :D . Thanks for the input though. I'll run this idea past my parents to make sure its ok with them.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If they are not in a hurry to buy the tv right now you might want to wait for the new models to come out which will probably have HDTV Tuners built-in for the same price. Check www.hometheaterspot.com for info on the Samsung. I would also check www.avsforum.com for posts on the Zenith's & the "NEW" Sanyo HDTV's that Wal-Mart has that seem to be getting some very good reviews & a 27" HDTV model will be hitting Wal-Mart very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks