Samsung TXP2675WH reviews, anyone?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matt C, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Matt C

Matt C Stunt Coordinator

Matthew
    It's time for me to get a new television, and my desire for a 16:9 HDTV has hit an all-time high! I've been doing some research on this Samsung, and it looks to offer everything that I would like in my new set (1080i display, over-air HDTV tuner, DVI input...) at a reasonable price. I have no choice, due to space issues in my apartment, but to get a 26" widescreen. I currently have a 27" standard-def Samsung, so I am sure that this will be big enough, at least for the next several years. Most of my viewing is widescreen material, so I'll actually get a slightly larger image than I have now. Also, a CRT display is a must, due to the large amount of time devoted to video-gaming. Because of the excellent picture and build quality of my current tv, I'm quite interested in picking up another Samsung. I'm planning to pick up a Zenith DVB318 to go with whatever new HDTV I buy, replacing my old Pioneer DV-333, which is starting to get a little tired (the motor is getting louder, and layer changes are getting slower).

So, does anyone have any personal reviews or experiences for me? How's the build and picture quality? Any geometry problems? How's the power supply in it, that is, is it powerful enough to avoid bowing the picture in a bright scene (after calibrating, of course)? This also applies to owners of the TXP2670WH, which appears to be the same television, but is the Premiere model, with the "Light-Touch Back-Lit Front Panel Control Keys" (am I correct that it is otherwise the same?)

I'm very interested in hearing any feedback you have to offer on this set, good or bad.

Thanks!
    -Matt C

2. Matt C

Matt C Stunt Coordinator

Matthew
    No one has this set? Ahh well, I am the impatient type [​IMG] Anyone have any ideas on this television, and if possible, does anyone have a PDF of the manual? Last I looked on the Samsung site it wasn't available yet...

-Matt C

3. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    I have a feeling that the reason nobody is posting reviews is because the set is quite small by HTF standards...

Seems most folks have or will be buying sets that are in the realm of 40"+...there may be a few looking for bedroom sized sets, but it's not often you see those being reviewed as of yet.

Have you Googled your model# to see some reviews?

I found this on my first search:
    SAMSUNG

4. Matt C

Matt C Stunt Coordinator

Matthew
    Thanks for the reply, and you are most likely correct. I realize that the size is small, I just figured I'd ask here first; I tend to trust the opinions and personal reviews of fellow HTFers much more than those I find through Google [​IMG] Ahhh, I cannot wait for the day when I will get my first 40"+ screen! It'll be the best day of my life, I think [​IMG] Well, off to the search engines! (and thanks for the link)

-Matt C